Book III (Chapter 9)

You sat on the couch, about to vomit while you sobbed. If Satoru ever found out who your baby daddy was, you would be dead.

Satoru entered the room. He had been gone on a short mission, and he was about to call out your name when he saw you sobbing.

He jogged over to you and hesitantly put an arm around your shoulder, "What's wrong? Are your pregnancy hormones acting up again?"

You nodded, knowing what could happen if you displayed the real reason for your distress.

"You've been holed up in this house for the past few weeks, I think you might feel better if we go out on a walk." He used his shirt to wipe your tears, then grabbed your shoes, and put them on for you. He helped you up off the couch, and put his hand on your already very-visible baby bump. "Ready?"

You nodded, and took his hand, which was much larger than yours. He helped you out of the house, and you guys began going on a walk around the neighborhood.

"Soooo...you said you would call your baby daddy and cut things off with him today. How'd that go?"

"Can we please not discuss that in public?"

"Right. I'll ask about it when we get back home." Satoru glanced around the block, and smiled at you. "Did you get anything done today? Or do anything interesting?"

"I sewed the rip in your favorite shirt back together, but accidently broke my desk in the process."

"How'd you manage to do that? Pregnant lady strength?" He smiled mischievously down at you.

"Technically. Ever since I've been pregnant, every time I use anything like a hair tie, or thread, I accidentally use cursed energy on the string and activate my technique. Normally it's just small things, like some food in our fridge, or a pencil, but this time it was the desk leg."

"I've heard that pregnant sorcerers tend to have a lot of accidents with just pure cursed energy, but never the actual technique."

"Maybe because mine involves an item in order to work."

"Maybe--wait right here." Satoru ran off into a sweets shop, leaving you behind. You quickly found a bench, and sat down to wait for him.

While you were sitting, a familiar face ran behind your bench and hugged you. "Y/N!"

"Ayane? It's been way too long since we've last seen each other in person!" You smiled and stood up to hug her.

"How's the baby?" She giggled and started feeling your baby bump.

"Good."

"How far along are you again?" She glanced up at you.

"Five months."

"Oh my goodness! Oh my gosh! You're huge! But in a good way. The pregnancy look suits you so well. Like honestly, you just radiate mother energy. Like you would be such a good mom, I mean you will be such a good mom. But honestly the baby bump looks so good on you!"

"Thank you--"

"Girl, don't say thank you, just agree with me. That baby bump brings out your mommy curves. If being pregnant didn't mean that you already had another man, you would have a flock of men chasing after you."

You giggled and smiled at the comments.

"Girl, you and me need to go shopping. Like, show off the baby bump look, and the mommy curves. Get some crop tops, and a bikini or two. You are a total MILF. Like you are honestly such a mommy."

"Thank you--"

"Ayane?" Satoru looked down at the two giggling girls, with a plastic bag that was loaded with desserts.

Ayane kept her head down, and you just looked away, unsure of what to do.

"Why are you talking to my wife...?" Satoru was tense. What could Ayane be telling you about him? Would you hate him?

"She's my best friend, Satoru." You spoke up, "She was just talking to me about the baby."

Ayane nodded. "Right. I have to go. Bye Y/N..." she waved goodbye and ran off.

You glared at Satoru. "Let's go home."