Book II (Chapter 6)

"Hellooo!"

The playful voice of Gojo Satoru flowed through your ear as you woke up.

"It's our wedding day!" He used his index finger to open one of your eyes.

You jumped back and slapped his hand away, he rolled his eyes under his blindfold, and gave you a condescending smirk.

"The higher ups said we only have to dress somewhat nicely since its just us and the head of the clans." He smiled and tipped over a cup he had in his hand, spilling water all over your abdomen.

You gasped, and gave him a look of shock.

"Whoops!" He giggled and warped away.

You aunt entered the room right after holding a dress for you. It was a simple white dress that was pretty enough to be worn to church. In other words you were getting married in your Sunday's best. As you worked on your makeup your aunt curled your hair, your Aunt began to talk to you.

"My niece is getting married~!" Your aunt grabbed your shoulders and gently squeezed you before smiling and looking into the mirror and setting her chin on your shoulder.

"Auntie--"

Her smile disappeared. She knew exactly what was wrong. "I know you want to be with Naoya, but your uncle, Dai, and the Higher ups all believe this is for the best."

"The world balances itself out no matter what. When Satoru was born, there was an uptake in cursed activity. The same thing is going to happen if this heir-thing even works!" You brushed some blush onto your cheeks while glancing at your aunt.

Your aunt sighed, "You may be right, but I am older than you, and it is a known fact that wisdom comes with an age, my dear. And as your best female role model in this era of your life, I can tell you this. Marriage is not about pleasing each other, but fulfilling roles. That doesn't mean gender specific roles, but just things your good at. Just like me and your Uncle. I deal with all the money while he deals with the politics of the Jujutsu world."

"What are you getting at...?"

"Find what you are best at, and fulfill that duty to the best of your ability. Then be thankful for Satoru for the roles he fulfills. Gratitude and hard work, I guarantee you, will make your marriage work." She rubbed your arms, and smiled, "Now stop pouting and think of the benefits. I know you have always dreamt of marriage, and having children of your own, now you finally get that!" 

You nodded, but sighed and hung your head, "Do you really think Satoru will be receptive of my gratitude and hard work? He's not like his father at all..."

"Just be patient, and consistent with it, and I promise it will work," She stood up straight and helped you up, "You look gorgeous. Oh my goodness...I'm going to cry!"

Your Aunt fanned her tears and hugged you. She lifted your chin and smiled, "Beauty and grace is effectively won with a smile my dear. So big smile, shoulders back, and be positive."

"Yes Auntie..."

You exited your room, and went to the garden where about eight people sat, and at the end of the aisle there was the arch where you were to be married, but Satoru was no where to be found.