Book I (Chapter 3)

The years went by and soon enough you were twelve years old, and already a deadly weapon. Your cursed technique was a hereditary string technique that had been passed down through the L/N clan. Your version of the technique however was what would be considered "pure." Meaning it was the exact version the founder of the clan possessed. Although everybody with the technique in the L/N clan could control certain things with strings, you were unique for four reasons.

1) Your technique was not item specific. You could control living and non-living things with your technique.

2) Your technique could cover multiple things at once. (However you could not choose which of those items you could control, only the radius in which certain objects are controlled).

3) Your technique could not only act as a puppeteer string, but you could also change the shape of the object you wanted to affect.

And 4) Your technique forced anybody to stay alive, no matter what shape the were in.

Due to the power of your curse, the Higher Ups kept a close eye on you, because you could easily kill all of them. The only counter for your technique would be curse reversal technique. As long as a curse user or sorcerer were alive, they could curse reversal and reverse all effects of your curse due to the nature of your technique. It inserted cursed energy into the body of anything being twisted and turned.

Since your father had abandoned the clan and passed, and your mother ran away due to being the murderer of your husband, you had no parents and no specific family you stayed with or were cared for in the L/N clan. However, by no means were you unloved or neglected. Families within the clan would take turns feeding you, providing you with a place to sleep, clothes, etc..

During this time, you often found yourself alone in need of entertainment in which you discovered the entire genre of romance media. You fell in love (pun intended). The thoughts of finding your soulmate on the end of a red string, or falling into the arms of a strapping young man had you addicted. The dream of finding the handsome, tall, dreamy, and strong man and one day getting married, having children, and growing old together held your heart on a tight leash.

You so desperately wanted a boyfriend, that you began looking towards the other clans for a potential suitor--even if they were a little too old for a twelve year old girl. Your clan was on good terms with all of the big three clans, so your cursed technique was often being examined by the other heads of the clans. You would only find out later that this was ordered by the Higher Ups for...reasons.

You didn't mind so much as it gave you the opportunity to narrow down your potential suitors to two boys: Naoya Zen'in and Suguru Geto.

Naoya was fast and strong, and boy was he a looker. Your heart did a little dance in your chest every time you saw the strapping boy. Your soul on the other hand turned on alarms as he was not very nice, but you held on to the enemies to lovers trope you adored, as it was your absolute favorite.

Suguru was not part of any of the big three clans, but he was always around the Gojo estate to hang out with the heir of the Gojo clan, Satoru Gojo. He was kind to her, and not as repulsively tall as Satoru. He was handsome and had the most charming smile that highlighted the mature features of his eyes.

If you ignored Naoya's attitude, Suguru's best friend, and the large age difference between you guys (Between you and Naoya three years, and Suguru and you four years) they both scored equally on your list for potential suitors.

Today Suguru was all that was on your mind. You were going to the Gojo residence for another session of cursed technique practice, which meant Satoru would be there which meant there was a high likely hood of Suguru being there. 

You walked next to your aunt, Haru's wife, as you guys got ready to leave for the Gojo estate.

"So Y/N, I see you reading all those romance novels and mangas," her smile was coy as she looked down at you, "are you excited to find a boyfriend?"

You blushed and giggled, "I think every girl should be excited to get married one day!"

"I agree..." She looked around before getting down and whispering in her ear, "What do you thing of the Gojo's heir, Satoru Gojo?"

You furrowed your brow and scrunched up your nose like you did whenever you found something annoying or frustrating, "I don't like him." You said with a humph!

Your aunt looked a awfully shocked at your immature declaration of distaste.

"He's such a handsome young man though--"

You cut her off, "He's not handsome, he's pretty. Plus he's a jerk!"

"I know he can be a bit...difficult, but he's very strong, a-and he's very charming--"

"I've seen him with a lot of different girls over the past two years. He's not loyal."

Your aunt opened her mouth but couldn't disagree with you, "...just try not to hate him."

Your mood was sour on the entire trip to the Gojo estate.

Once you arrived with Haru and his wife, you exited the car, and you were greeted by Dai, who looked awfully downcast, as if rich brown eyes had been covered with several storm clouds and no rainbows to follow the storm in sight.

"How's Misaki doing, Dai?" your aunt asked the tall man. He waved it off and led three of you to the training grounds. When they arrived you saw Satoru making out with a girl by the wall. Dai looked at his son. Normally he would be stricter about his treatment of women, but he only looked on in disappointment.

"Satoru! We're starting," his call was lazy but loud. Satoru pulled away and called a maid over to drag the desperate girl out. His signature strut was just as infuriating as it always was.

You felt a heavy weight place itself on your shoulders as he came stood next to you. He was four inches (10 centimeters) shorter than his dad (so 6'3 or 190.5 centimeters). Everything about him, except for his eyes, were just like his father. It was almost as if somebody came and copy and pasted Dai Gojo, replaced his eyes, made him shorter, and named him Satoru. 

Dai and Haru spoke to one another, while Satoru stood next to you, towering over you.

"Why were you making out with that girl out in public?" You asked abruptly.

"Because, there's a thrill in people seeing ya' while you do things like that," his tone was teasing while he raised his eyebrows and let his glasses drop down the bridge of his nose so she could see his sapphire blue eyes.

"Did you even know her name?"

"Think it was Yuki or something all cutesy like that," He let a stupid smile spread across his face as he laughed and used your head as an arm rest.

You scrambled to push him off and he ruffled your hair.

"Ha! You're just a little twelve year old. You can't do shit to me!" He caught you in a loose choke hold and started to hold your head upside down, "Say uncle! Say uncle!"

You quickly shouted uncle, and Haru and Dai turned over to see the large and developed 16 year old boy picking on the young twelve year old girl who was crying due to the humiliating position.

Dai looked exhausted and shook his head in disappointment, "Satoru Gojo, you are the next head of the clan. Stand up straight and behave like the mature young man your mother and I raised you to be."

Satoru quickly let go and glared at his dad.

Dai shook his head again and continued speaking to Haru.

You wiped your eyes, and tried to look tough, as if you laughed the entire time. "S-so...where's Suguru."

Satoru glared at you before looking forward, "None of your business."

"Tch." You crossed your arms and began to pout.