Book III (Chapter 7)

"Did you have a fun time with Miss Y/N today, Tsumiki?" Satoru was dropping Megumi and Tsumiki off at their home on the Gojo estates.

Tsumiki's hair was braided in two Dutch braids, and her skin was glowing from the face mask you had let her use. She was getting older, and at the age where she was about to hit puberty, and was often moody and irritable around Satoru, but you seemed to connect with her. Satoru barely knew what to do with the young girl before she hit puberty, but at around age nine he really didn't know what to do. She had become detached. But the presence of another girl, especially an older one who could cater to her more girly tastes, brought her out of her shell.

Tsumiki nodded, and looked back out the window. "I really like her."

Satoru soon returned home, where you were watching TV on the couch. Your skin glowed not only because of the pregnancy, but the many skin care products you had used with Tsumiki.

He sat down on the other end of the couch, and looked over at you. "So how was your trip to go see your baby daddy?" The question left a bad taste on his tongue.

You only sighed, "Did you know Tsumiki got her first period three months ago?"

"Her first what now?" Satoru gave you a confused look.

"Her first period? Do you not know what that is?"

"No, not at all."

You groaned, "You know? When a girl bleeds every month because she's getting rid--"

"Oh! That thing. Yeah my dad mentioned it once when he was teaching me about sex and all that shit." Satoru seemed very awkward about it, "But, no, I thought girls got that stuff after high school?"

You stared in disbelief, "No. Not at all. They get it at around nine years old to at the latest sixteen years old, and Tsumiki got her first one three months ago."

"She didn't tell me about it."

"She told me today. She said that she had no idea what it was or what to do, but it kept coming back. I explained it to her and stuff. But she literally thought she was dying when she told me, but she was too afraid to tell you."

That struck Satoru's heart to the very core, "She didn't?"

"No. She said last time she asked you about that kind of stuff, you freaked out and called her gross."

"When did I--oh..." Satoru recalled the time she had asked if she could get a razor and some shaving cream to start shaving her legs because her friends had all started doing it. He freaked out and said the entire thing was something only prostitutes did so it was gross.

"You made her feel really ugly, and gross."

"Okay--"

"Satoru, there are no excuses for that, what is wrong with you? You never tell a young girl going through puberty that she is a prostitute."

"I just--"

"Satoru--"

"SHUT UP!" Satoru was shocked by his own temper. He was standing up, in a position ready to hurt somebody, but quickly sat down and put his elbows on his thighs and hung his head low.

You stared in shock.

"I know? Okay? I messed up big time."

You couldn't help but notice, there was something else going on. You couldn't get over the empathetic nature that followed you your entire life. Your hands gently wrapped around him and pulled him close.

"What are you doing...?"

"You looked like you could use a hug."

"I thought you hated me...?"