Book I (Chapter 4)

Three years later...

Your black dress highlighted your chest and made your waist look even tinier than it already was. Even at a funeral your aunt made sure to make you look flattering. Your hair sat at your shoulders, pulled back in a half-up half-down style. A black shawl covered your dressed your shoulders loosely, but elegantly.

The funeral was held at the Gojo Estate as was tradition in the Gojo clan for the heads of the clan and their spouses to be buried on the estate. 

The front row was all of Dai an Misaki's closest friends and relatives. You sat next to Satoru, while two Higher ups sat on either side of the two, and your uncle gave Dai and Misaki's Eulogy.

Misaki had died from a curse that their daughter, Ayaka accidentally cast on her. She suffered for over four years with it, when she past away in a horrendous panic that would traumatize anybody who was unlucky enough to see it.

Dai saw it, and after years of watching his wife slowly deteriorate he snapped and killed all their children, except for Satoru who managed to same himself and over power his father who then committed suicide, leaving Satoru at the young age of 19 to handle the entire clan.

Satoru stared straight at the two coffins, and didn't blink. It didn't seem he could.

After the ceremony, a reception was held with some nice cuisine that Satoru picked out. Even if he was a jerk, the food definitely had class.

He was seated to your right, with Haru on your left. Despite the funeral, your aunt, uncle, and the two higher ups spent their time trying to get you and Satoru to bond. Satoru was un responsive, and although Dai wasn't related to you in any way shape or form, he had still joined your uncle Haru to save you, and you frequently saw him during visits so you definitely felt empty.

As you left, you noticed Satoru helping what seemed to be a prostitute out of a car, and bringing her into the estate. You realized then, he was the womanizer he was because it was a coping method. He had used sex as a way to cope with the loss of his best friend Suguru, to cope with the condition of his mother all those years, and with that, the increasing absence of his father, and now the death of all his family members.

It was hard to feel sorry for him though. Your heart wasn't open. You hadn't ever extended any vulnerability for him, so your heart automatically rejected him, while your heart craved his attention so you could help him.