Book II (Chapter 9)

When you woke up, the house was completely empty. "Satoru must've already left for work..." you spoke softly to yourself. 

Your aunt's advice rang in your head, and you decided, the guest bathroom needed some of your hard work.

You found the cleaning supplies, and began scrubbing it. You cleaned it to the pinnacle of perfection, and decided to do that to every bathroom in the house. You soon discovered, the kitchen was even worse. Then the bedroom, then the living room!

You spent the entire day cleaning, and by the time Satoru came home, which was night, you had fallen asleep on the couch.

When he entered the house, it smelled strongly of cleaning supplies, and he went around, trying to find the source of the smell. He discovered, every room had been cleaned until it couldn't be cleaned anymore. He then looked around, to find you asleep on the couch.

"Y/N."

No answer.

"Y/N."

No answer.

"Y/NNNN...."

No answer.

"Y/NNNNNNNNNNN...!"

No answer.

"Y/N!" He finally shouted.

You were startled awake to see your husband, standing above you.

"Satoru..what time is it...?" You crawled so you were sitting up, and rubbed your eyes before stretching your arms.

"About 8:30 pm." He had a grocery bag which boasted the delicious smell of Chinese takeout, "I have food." he lifted his blindfold, and smiled while holding the bag out for you, "I didn't know what you wanted, so I just got everything."

You sat down at the table, across from Satoru while you ate your food in silence.

"So...I saw you cleaned the house. I shouldn't say 'saw,' the better word would be 'smelled.'" He laughed at his own joke.

"Oh uh, yeah. I saw the guest bathroom was not very...clean. So I started cleaning that, and got carried away with cleaning the entire house." You chuckled and smiled.

He chuckled along with you, and went back to eating his food.

"I thought it was the least I could do to thank you for spending so much time at work to earn us money." Nailed it, you thought.

"Psh, work hard? I would get paid even if I stopped working." He finished up his food and left his plate on the table, mess and all, "I'm going to bed. Good night!"

He disappeared into the confines of his bedroom, leaving you alone with his mess.

You packed up all the leftovers, and began doing the dishes. You decided to occupy yourself by trying to figure out dinner for the rest of the week by making a meal plan, but you soon discovered he had nothing but junk food in his pantry and fridge.

"Looks like I need to go grocery shopping tomorrow..." You made a shopping list and then took a quick shower before laying down on the couch to go to bed.

While you laid on the couch, you replayed your short conversation with Satoru, over and over again in your head.

You worked hard, and you made sure to express your gratitude. He seemed totally indifferent to it. It quite honestly hurt. You bit back some tears and remembered your aunt's words concerning patience. If you were consistent, maybe he would begin to take notice, and start to reciprocate. Although, it would be difficult to please a man who had probably slept with every type of women on the planet.

As you began to doze off, your thoughts drifted to a certain fairytale. The princess was the stereotypical damsel in distress, and the man was the classic knight in shining armor. He had saved her from a flesh-eating beast who was about to swallow the princess whole, but he saved her right at the last moment, and married her the next day. That could have been a reality in the Jujutsu world (and you shamefully wished it was), but it seemed that was not the case. You were stuck with a man who wanted nothing to do with you, or commitment.