49

SPRING
______

The open window blows a delicate breeze over my bare torso while I crack some eggs into a bowl. I can't help but hum a little tune to accompany this sunny spring morning. I almost cringe at myself for being so cheerful. If I'd have to watch myself right now I'd probably accuse myself of pretending to be in some unrealistic romantic movie.

Being too lost in thoughts and my own humming I didn't notice Jimin walking up behind me. He places his hands on my waist and my body jolts slightly.

"Your scar healed so nicely." His deep morning voice murmurs before placing a kiss on the area.

"Mmm. All because of your love and care." I say to continue the sappy movie I feel like I'm in right now.

Jimin chuckles and stands on his tippy toes to look over my shoulder. "What are you making?"

"Your favourite."

"Ohh! Nice." He kisses my cheek and shuffles to the coffee pot. We have this little routine where one will make coffee while the other prepares breakfast. It's usually Jimin who's making the coffee, not because he doesn't like cooking, but because I rarely let him. I love making him breakfast. Watching him eat the food I prepared for him with love and care warms my heart enough to last me for the hours we have to spend apart afterwards.

"Are you excited about tonight?" He asks while pouring the ground coffee into a filter.

"I think so. The first weeks back at JinHit have been so busy... I barely had time to really talk to anyone about anything else but work."

"I'm sure you'll have some time to catch up with them tonight. Is Namjoon also coming?"

"Yeah, even Hobi will be there." I smile remembering how delighted he was to be the first guest back on Honsool after my break. Honestly, I'm not sure if I would have been able to do it with anyone else but him. The nerves were almost killing me.

"Perfect! That means I'll be able to continue my plan..." Jimin wiggles his shoulders in excitement.

I laugh and shake my head. Jimin is convinced Hoseok and Jisoo have a crush on each other. He says he's been seeing them chat in the building ever since Hoseok started working with Lachimolala. Hoseok did ask me for her number after the Honsool recording, which to Jimin means he's crushing big time, but I didn't think much of it to be honest. Am I too naive?

"And what is the next step of your plan exactly?"

"Ehh... I don't know. I'll just try to find reasons for them to talk, after I feed them a couple of drinks maybe..." He turns the coffee machine on and folds his arms while leaning against the counter.

"Heh, good luck." I wait for him to respond, but when he doesn't I turn to look at him. "What?" I ask when I catch him staring at me.

"Nothing. You're just so fucking hot." He states simply.

My cheeks quickly warm and I wonder why I still get all flustered when he compliments me like that. I grin and try to focus back on slicing up the mushrooms.

"You're hotter." I mumble.

"What?"

"You're hotter." I increase my volume a bit.

"Whaaaat?" Jimin repeats again, obviously teasing me. I put the knife down with an exaggerated sigh and jump over to grab him and pull him against me.

"You're hotter, you minx." I hiss in his ear and start tickling him. Jimin laughs and I allow him to stop me so I can cup his face and kiss him. What is this crazy, sweet movie I'm living in?