14

I mindlessly suck the straw from my emptied iced Americano cup. The sound of the straw desperately trying to pick up water from the slowly melting ice cubes doesn't reach my consciousness and I just stare at my screen. Monday-Yoongi doesn't want to solve the dilemma either.

"Can you stop that?" Jisoo groans while typing away on her laptop.

"Sorry..." I push the cup far away from my so I can't accidentally start sucking the straw again.

"What did Jimin say by the way?"

"Ehh... About...?"

"Yoongi. You haven't asked him yet? The recording is on Thursday." Jisoo uses her stern voice.

"Sorry... I'll ask him now." I stare at my phone. Do I call him? I know he's at the dance studio today, maybe it's better to drop by? But then it makes sense to also ask Jungkook, and then I couldn't ask Jimin about my lost memories. But I couldn't ask him that on the phone while Jisoo is here either anyway. Argh! Why can't I figure this out? I unwillingly grunt loudly, grab my phone and stalk out of the room. On autopilot I end up in the elevator with the button for the third floor pressed. On the way down I find Jimin's contact in my phone and I dial it as soon as I step out of the elevator. How did I end up both calling him and going to see him?

"Hyung?" Jimin answers the phone sooner than expected. I can hear him breathe heavily, probably from dancing.

"Jimin-ie. Are you in the studio?"

"Yes."

"I have to ask you something." I say more serious than intended.

"Oh, okay, where are you?"

"Already on the third floor."

"Alright, I'll come out." He hangs up. I can already see the door of the studio. It opens and a sweaty Jimin steps into the hallway. He walks towards me slowly. Okay. Now I'm really running out of time to think about what to say. Better stick to work stuff then, I think. As the distance between us shortens I see a worried look on his face.

"Yoongi hyung."

"Hey Jimin-ie." I want to hug him, but I stop just in time to leave an acceptable amount of space between us.

"Look, about what happened, I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to... Well, after what you said, I just..." Jimin stumbles on his words.

"Wait, what?"

"Hm? At Namjoon's... Aren't you here to ask about... that? You sounded a bit upset on the phone..." He scratches the back of his neck.

"Oh, well... actually it's about the show, but I was also wondering about that night—"

"The show? Is something wrong?" Jimin asks worryingly.

"No, well, yes, but not for you. Although, maybe..." Why is this conversation so difficult? I put my hands on my hips as I take a deep breath and look down at my feet. Jimin is apologising for something about that night? I felt like I have something to apologise for. Jimin steps closer and takes my hands in his as he pulls them away from my hips.

"Hyung, are you okay? You look stressed." He rubs his thumbs over my knuckles. I look back up at him and bite my bottom lip. His gentle touch distracts my brain from my puzzling thoughts. My mind goes blank for a moment and I surprise myself with the words I say next.

"I forgot."

"Y-you forgot? What?"

"At Namjoon's. Last thing I remember was when you asked me if I was avoiding you, and the next moment I wake up with you on the couch." My eyes jump back and forth between Jimin's, waiting for him to say something. I see his worried expression slowly change into a smile, and the smile quickly changes into a laugh. I can't help but laugh as well. He continues laughing as he lets his face drop to my chest. I let him relax his laugh into a chuckle there, and then I grab his shoulders and slowly push him off of me.