28

The music that is coming from behind the door of the dance studio is trying to lure me in. Is it wise to go in if I'm feeling a bit feverish? Jimin has invited me to come watch their practice and go eat something afterwards with the few members that are here today, to celebrate their published Honsool episode. Yesterday evening I held my breath after it went up and watched the first comments come in. It wasn't until I read that they were mostly positive words that I let myself breathe again and decided to just leave it at that. I closed my laptop and poured myself a glass to drink alone at home.

But this morning my feverish body caught me by surprise as my heavy head and drowsy mind begged me to stay home, which I probably should have done. My body warned me about the troubles it's trying to fight off, but I ignored it, thinking it was just because I replaced my dinner by whiskey last night.

The music stops and I place my hand on the door handle. With a sigh I try to silence the voice in my head which tells me to go home, but I don't want to go home, I want to see Jimin dance. Finally. I want to see him dance so badly that I can't let this opportunity slip from under me because of a silly headache. So I open the door.

I'm greeted politely by the five dansers, including Jungkook and Jimin, and I recognise Minho as well. Jimin hops over to me and I have to stop him from hugging me.

"What's wrong?" He asks as I take a step back.

"I think I'm getting a bit sick, I'll just keep my distance."

"Oh no, are you alright? What about dinner later then?"

"You guys go without me, I don't want to infect you."

"But... the whole point was to treat you to dinner and celebrate together." Jimin pouts.

"I know... Some other day." I say with a faint smile. Jimin reluctantly agrees and tells me to sit down and stay for a little while at least. I let my body relax down on the bench and watch him hop back to the small group and start the music again.

The souring pain in my head melts away as soon as I see Jimin move to the music. His body follows the rhythm seemingly without any effort and his attitude has switched from the sweet, polite Jimin to the version of him I more often see when we're both covered in sweat. As my eyes dart around his muscular physique a warmth spreads over my body a, which I'm pretty sure isn't from the fever.

The song ends and I gulp before shooting up from the bench to applaud the dancers and ask for an encore, causing the group to laugh and bow. My fever seems to have flown away from my body without me even noticing.

While the group gets back in their starting position, the door of the studio opens and a man appears in the doorway. Immediately the fever drops back into my body like a bag of wet sand and my hands freeze mid clap. Is that really him? His curly brown hair carefully touches his round cheeks and frames his eyes beautifully, but the smile on his face disappears as soon as he spots me.

"Y-yoongi?" His familiar voice breaks the silence.

My hands defrost and slowly cover my mouth. "Jisung?" My muffled voice responds. My mind is too baffled to even try to come up with reasons why he might be here. Luckily my question is answered by Minho walking towards Jisung.

"Babe, you're here already?" Minho takes Jisung's hand from the doorknob and pulls him a bit closer. Jisung's eyes slowly glide from mine to Minho's. Did Minho just call him babe?

"Y-yeah... I texted you I could come a bit earlier." Jisung mumbles.

"Oh, I haven't checked my phone." Minho then looks at me and back at Jisung. "Sorry, I thought he'd be here tomorrow..." He whispers, but I can hear him clearly. The image of the two of them together is still too confusing for my mind to grasp. The Jisung who I said goodby to already 2,5 years ago is suddenly in front of me again for the first time, meeting the Minho, Jimin's crew member. The Minho who looked me up and down as I left the locker room where I kissed Jimin. Has Minho known me as Jisung's ex all this time?