11

SUMMER
_______

My loud yawn fills the elevator as I go downstairs to get a coffee at the cafe. It has been a long morning in the office with Jisoo. We're shooting a couple episodes next week, so we've been a bit busier than normal. Especially in summer, when everyone seems to work a bit slower, it can get a bit extra hectic the week before shooting.

The elevator makes an extra stop on the third floor and my heart rate instantly increases. I haven't seen Jimin since last Friday at the bar. What would I say to him? I only sent him the details of the attorney which Jessi recommended, but other than that we really haven't talked much. I've been too shy to mention or ask anything about Friday night. He hasn't said anything either, so I assume he just forgot. Nothing really happened anyway, it was probably obvious that we are just two friends who were having a good time after a couple of drinks. Maybe nobody noticed that my body was burning up on the inside, that all my cells were screaming at me to just take him home and fuck him senseless until daybreak.

The doors of the elevator open and a friendly face appears.

"Oh! Mr. Min!"

"Hi Jungkook, going down as well?" I sigh, of relief?

"Yes, I'm going to the cafe down the street."

"Ah, me too. Oh, and please just call me Yoongi."

"A-alright, thanks Yoongi." Jungkook smiles politely. "Are you ehh, also meeting Jimin there?"

"Hm? Jimin? No?" My heart rate instantly increases again.

"Oh... he just messaged me that he's there with Taehyung and asked to come say hi." Jungkook purses his lips and looks at his feet. I can't help but wish that Jimin invited me to meet Taehyung, after having heard so much about him. Wouldn't it be weird if I enter the cafe with Jungkook without an invitation? Do I just get my coffee and leave? Or will he invite me to join them on the spot? The elevator arrives at the ground floor and we make our way out of the building.

"Did ehh, did you guys get home alright on Friday?" I ask Jungkook. I know they did since Jimin messaged me in the morning, but something inside of me wants to bring up that night.

"Yeah, I dropped him off at home first. The poor guy fell asleep immediately, he must have been exhausted from that long day. I feel so bad for him what is happening..."

"Mmm, yeah..."

"But I'm glad he has you, he mentioned how you've helped him. I can really tell it's comforting him." Jungkook peeks at me and bumps his elbow to mine.

"Oh, r-really? That's good..." I feel the corners of my mouth curl up and my ears get warm. I really don't need to feel any warmer on this hot summer day, but I simply can't control it when I hear Jimin has mentioned me. The only thing I can do is change the subject before I get any warmer, so I just ask Jungkook if he has met Taehyung before. He tells me they've met just a few times when Taehyung came to the dance studio to watch them dance or to pick Jimin up after practice, so they haven't really been able to talk much.

When we enter the cafe I let Jungkook go in first, so that I can kind of hide behind his broad figure. He seems to spot Jimin and Taehyung immediately at a table on the other side of the small cafe and we walk over to them. I feel sick to my stomach.

"Hey Jimin-a! Hi Taehyung, so nice to see you again..." Jungkook pauses for a moment while Jimin and Taehyung greet him. I still keep some distance, as if those couple extra seconds of being anonymous behind Jungkook is going to calm me down enough.

"Oh, look who I bumped into!" Jungkook turns around and pretty much drags me to the table by my elbow.

"Hyung!" Jimin moves his chair back a bit as if he's about to stand up, but then stays seated.