𝟎𝟏 | 𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘂𝗿𝗿𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻

𝐌𝐎𝐊𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐑

"Alright, class, give me back your copies. You'll receive your grades in the following days that'll precede." I spoke up, trailing my gaze from my dark wooden desk to the dozens of students with their heads hung low — at least, that's how they were before my announcement.

The sounds of chairs sliding backward echoed all around the classroom. Boys and girls each passed their writing exams at their turn. Mumbles from the children resonated, all happy to finally have finished with their tests. I leaned back into my chair, turning my head to a clock that was hanging on the wall. The time exhibited that just a few minutes were left before it was recess.

I sighed, my lips forming a thin line. I looked back at my students, seeing them babble and chatter. I pushed my chair a little behind, getting up on my feet and grabbing the pile of papers. "Everyone! I'll be right back, I am just going to transport those real quick. If the bell rings, you will have the permission to be dismissed."

"Okay, Miss Walker!" They all exclaimed in synchronization as I made my way out of the room. They were disciplined, almost a little too much, which was concerning. Not that I have any experience when it comes to being a student — I have been homeschooled all my life.

But I once had this one friend, who had enough money to go to school. Each day, they would complain about how it sucked. They kept telling me how the students weren't respecting any of their teachers and bothered other kids.

The sound of my footsteps was the only thing that could be heard in the corridor. My gaze fixated on the ahead of me, I suddenly got bumped to the side, which made me slightly lose my balance. I managed to not fall and drop all of the paper tower I had in my hands.

I snapped my head towards the cause of this, seeing a short boy with a white cap on his head, who, while sprinting, offered his apologies. "Sorry, Miss Walker!"

I let out a low sigh, straightening my posture. I rearranged the pile I held, each of them placed perfectly on the other. Then the realization hit me. Isn't he supposed to be in class?

My eyes caught a brown, spiky-haired boy running down the halls, chasing after the student. I furrowed my brows, confusion being the word to describe best what I was feeling right now.

I guess he's the one that will be taking charge of that boy.

Arriving at the teacher's lounge, I opened the metal drawer that had my name on it, placing dozens of forms inside of it. I closed the cabinet, adjusting my white pull along with the long black dress I wore underneath it.

The sound of a bell ringing emerged in the cabin I was in, meaning only one thing — recess.

I let out a relieved breath, dropping my shoulders as I threw my head backward, glancing at the ceiling. I jerked my head to the side the second I heard the door open, revealing a rather annoyed Cole along with a tired Zane, whose eye twitched a little as if he had some slight trouble with his system.