𝟎𝟗 | 𝗷𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗻𝗲𝘆 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗶𝗱𝗱𝗹𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝗮

𝐌𝐎𝐊𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐑

Whirr, clink. Whirr, clink. Whirr, clink.

Exhausted, I wiped the sweat from my forehead. After what happened yesterday, the Bounty had a little difficulty keeping flying in the sky, so Nya had put all of us straight to work — and for our sakes, we had no other choice but to do as she asked. Crouched over the top of the damaged booster, my brother and I were trying to fix it when he suddenly got splashed with oil — leaving me intact, not a single drop of oil on me.

I held down a cackle that was threatening to escape from my throat as he let out a groan, wiping the liquid off. "Ugh, useless pile of junk!"

"Oh, it's worse than I feared," Nya spoke up from behind my brother. "The rotors on the starboard booster are completely destroyed. The port booster's are shot from the strain." She turned to the others working on the ship, letting out a sigh, "Sorry, guys. She's not getting airborne anytime soon."

"So if the Stone Army attacks again, we're sitting ducks."

Jay snapped his head towards the ravenette, raised a brow, and placed his free hand on his hip. "Uh, ducks can fly, Cole. Weren't you listening?"

"We just got our tails handed to us, and we couldn't even stop one of them." Kai slouched before letting out a groan. "I hate feeling helpless."

"We mustn't give up hope, Kai," Sensei's voice appeared out of nowhere.

I peeked my head up, seeing Master Wu walking towards us with the White Ninja by his side. The tall blonde turned his head to me, which in return, I sent him a small smile along with a tiny wave. He responded by doing the same gestures.

"But the Stone Army is indestructible. You saw it. At best, all my powers could do was slow them down," Lloyd muttered, shaking his head at our mentor.

"That's not entirely true," Misako's voice arose as she moved closer to us, several papyrus in her hands. "There is a way to defeat them. And it is told within the scrolls."

"What a wonderful timing," I scoffed before getting nudged in the ribs by my brother. "Ow!" He sent me a glare in which I returned.

The others all exchanged glances, beams creeping up their faces as waves of hope and relief washed over them as I rubbed the place where I got hit. We jerked our heads, sending a single collective nod at each other. Everyone headed inside the Bounty.

Misako laid out her scroll on the table, showing five ninja colored in red, blue, purple, black, and white giving power to the Green Ninja. "The prophecy reveals that the power to defeat the Stone Army lies within the Green Ninja."