𝟏𝟒 | 𝘀𝗮𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗮𝘆

𝐌𝐎𝐊𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐑

...

I grab Lloyd and pass him to Nya, who carefully takes off with him. I turn my head back to the scene as my friends' eyes all mirror disbelief.

I feel the time stop once again, all sorts of emotions coming in several types of waves. With my breath that catches in my throat, my gaze flickers back and forth, not knowing who I should watch.

My brother grabs my arm tightly to back away a little to hide. The shadow consumes us as we can still see what is happening.

As to what I feared most, finally happens. The Great Devourer dives straight toward Sensei, who accepts his fate, and Pythor, who is absolutely terrified. The scream of the purple snake resonates as in a blink of an eye, they were both gone.

I place a hand on top of the other, covering my mouth with them — even if I have a mask on. With wide eyes, we all stare in grief, shock, unbelief and sorrow.

''Sensei..'' Kai trails off in a small whispery tone.

''No..'' My brother's voice cracks, his tone barely audible. He extends his hand — in hopes to reach out to our now deceased Sensei.

''This can't be..'' I manage to mutter out as a shaky breath emerges from my mouth right after.

The thunder rumbles in the background, sending shivers down my spine. The snake chews as it goes back up almost as straight as a flexible ruler. It turns its head toward us before letting out a loud roar.

''Oh, maybe if we stand perfectly still..'' Jay imagines, his voice filled with fear and worry.

When we all take notice that it doesn't change a thing, Kai speaks up. ''Run!''

We all turn around and start to dash away from the huge serpent that glares at us. Once we exit the lost city, I observe farther away the Bounty slowly landing down on the sand. We run toward the flying ship as we get chased right behind by the Great Devourer. I hear my brother grunt and see him fall. I slightly freak out inside and grab his arm to pull him back up as the others acknowledge us. I grip his arm tightly as we go back to run.

''Wait! Wait for us!'' My brother screeches — escaping my grasp as he is now sprinting way faster than me.

We all climb up the chain of the anchor before slamming the door of the bridge open. I launch myself along with the others. I get back up and see my brother being the last one to hump in while rolling on the floor. He quickly gets up, brushing some dust off of him before pointing at the monitor.

''Uh, hate to tell you this, but objects in the mirror are closer than they appear!'' He exclaims in panic at Nya.

The black haired gal, who doesn't even turn to look at my brother and focuses on steering the wheel, raises her voice. ''Working on it. Blasters on full!''