𝟎𝟖 | 𝗺𝗲𝗴𝗮 𝗺𝗼𝗻𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝗺𝘂𝘀𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗸

𝐌𝐎𝐊𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐑

We're all sitting around the table with our notebook and ink pens out, supposed to take notes. Nya is presenting her discovery as she approaches the table, where there's a tissue with something under it. She takes the fabric off the table, revealing bones of an old serpent.

''Some villagers unearthed the remains of this Fangpyre a few miles away. It predates the Golden Age and must be hundreds of years old.'' She begins to teach us before taking a small pause.

My focus trails off, going at the others who are present at the table. My seat is right across the Falcon so I am sitting next to Cole who is doodling a picture of himself in his notebook, Kai is leaning back into his seat with a leg resting on the table, Zane is paying attention while Jay is staring at Nya with affection in his eyes. He is listening to every word she has to say, admiring her in pure awe and love while having his head on his hands. His hair is slightly.. different.

''Although the venom in the fangs of the Fangpyre genetically mutates human cells into reptilian, I've learned there could be a way to stop the effects without having to create an antivenin.'' She continues. I remark Kai and Zane furrow their brows at that information. ''If one is able to wildly raise their heart rate, hypothetically, it could reverse the venom's effects. Resulting in.. diminished, uh–'' She cuts herself off as her cheeks are turning from a slight pink to a coral red.

Jay lets out a small sigh as he still gazes at Nya. I let out at my turn a sigh through my nose, letting out a small cough as I caught a strong scent in my nostrils. Ew. Is it my brother who smells like this?

She sniffs and rubs her nose, ''Excuse me, is someone wearing perfume? I am severely allergic to perfume.'' She asks, looking around.

Cole tilts his head toward me, raising an eyebrow. I shake my head in response, ''I literally live in the same room as her. I know not to wear perfume.''

I hear a faint and nervous chuckle from my brother, who quickly sits up as his face drops, ''Heh. You told me it was men's cologne.'' He whispers to Kai.

The hothead sits up and let out a faint laugh, ''Eh, I get them mixed up.'' He jokes, raising his shoulders to shrug.

Him, Cole, and Zane laugh while Jay slightly lowers his head, looking like he regrets ever asking him for help to impress Nya. The White Ninja gives Kai a high five before turning his humor switch off with his arm, and getting up.

Cole closes his notebook, ''Ah, looks like class is over.'' Standing up, he adds, ''Time to start stomping some Serpentine before they find any Fangblades.''

Kai nods, ''Sounds like a plan.'' He agrees.

''I'm excited to join.'' Zane comments.

I grab all of my mess. We all walked out of the room before closing the door. That's when I realized that my brother didn't follow us. Oh, he must still be inside with Nya. I just brush it off and walk back into my room. I throw my notebook to my night table before leaning my back on my bed and staring at the ceiling.