𝟎𝟏 | 𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝗵𝗼𝗺𝗲

𝐌𝐎𝐊𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐑

The sounds of the birds chipping and the chatting surrounding us fill my ears, the refreshing breeze hitting me on my face as I hold onto a metallic pole. With the help of the guys, except Kai and Zane, we pull the stud until it looked like its previous state before the rave of the Great Devourer had happened. Of course we weren't the only one fixing what that giant snake had destroyed. A lot of citizens were helping by cleaning up the streets. And cherry on top, I felt way better. The little disease I had was slowly going away.

''Ah, finally.'' Cole sighs, a small grin growing on his face. ''All fixed up and Serpentine free.''

''Argh!'' Kai grunts while he extends his arm toward the bar, some sparks leaving his hand, but nothing more. ''Aw, this is frustrating. Our weapons are gone, and most of our elemental powers are gone. I mean, we can still do Spinjitzu, but.. Argh!''

As he tries for a second time to create fire with his hand — it successfully fails once again. Zane moves forward with a blowtorch, using it to mold the pole to its base to make it stay still without any of our support.

''Oh, that also works.'' I mumble out, watching the Nindroid do his task.

''I just feel so, I don't know, limited. And thanks to the Devourer, our tank's out of commission, our Dragon's hurt, and now that the Bounty is destroyed, we don't even have a place to sleep.'' He continues to rant, walking back and forth.

''No one ever said, being a hero is easy.'' Zane starts while turning his head in the direction of the hothead. ''Though our good deeds may never make us rich, they make us rich in other ways.'' He finishes while gesticulating with his free hand as we let go of the metallic lever that relates to a sign.

''Yeah, well, I don't feel rich.'' He mutters, his brows furrowed.

Jay walks a little to the side, picking up a television box. You know, like the old ones? And I'm talking about the old OLD ones.

''Unh. I for one enjoy pitching in. I've always wanted to feel part of a community.'' My brother speaks up, throwing the TV in a trash can. He brushes the dust off his hands before looking around. ''Ah, speaking of which, anyone seen Nya? She said she was gonna help.''

A sound of a motorcycle makes itself known as a voice follows right after. ''And I have. I may have found us a place to live!'' Nya exclaims, parking herself right in front of us with a sort of paper in her hand.

''Really? But there's a waiting list a mile long to live in Ninjago City. How did you do that?'' Jay interrogates, raising an eyebrow.

''I know a guy, who knows a girl, and she knows this girl who knows a guy. Well, this guy knows a girl who's a real estate agent, and she can help you find a place, if you catch my drift.'' She explains as the Sensei who is sitting right next to her in a passenger addition sips a cup of tea.