confession

Tara's pov 

It had been three days since I woke up, and I was still too weak to walk around without support. Fortunately, the care I received from everyone, especially Rekha, Ranimaa, Rani Devika, and Dhruv, played a crucial role in my recovery. Dhruv, despite his kingly duties and investigations into recent attacks, managed to find time for me at the start and end of each day. His attention and care became a source of solace during these trying times.

"Tara baisa," called Rekha, breaking through my thoughts. "Where were you lost? I've been calling you for a while," she complained.

I shook my head, trying to shake off the thoughts that had occupied my mind. "Ah, I was just thinking about something. What is it?" I asked.

She handed me a bowl of bitter herbal medicine, and just the sight of it made me want to vomit. "Baisa, please don't make those types of faces. It'll help you get better sooner," she lectured.

"Can't I skip it for once? I'm tired of it," I pleaded, making a face like a child.

"No, you can't," a familiar voice chimed in. I smiled a little, recognizing Dhruv's voice. "What's this, Tara? It's for your own good. You're tired of drinking bitter medicine but aren't tired of lying in bed all day?" he questioned.

"It's getting bitter day by day. I hate bitter things," I whined, making a crying face.

"You know you look extremely adorable right now, but it won't work this time," he said, taking the bowl from Rekha and making me drink it in one go. Before I could realize what had happened, the bitter medicine was already finished.

"What was that, Dhruv?" I questioned, still recovering from the shock.

"Nothing, just a way to feed medicine to a child," he replied, smiling.

"I'm not a child, and aren't you getting late for court? Go use your tricks there; don't talk to me," I said in anger, turning away.

"I finished all the important work that requires my presence yesterday," he explained.

"So what? What does that have to do with me? You want me to praise you?" I asked, still annoyed.

"Some praises from you would be good, but I'm not here for it," he replied. "Want to go out of this caged room?" he asked after a pause. I looked at him to confirm that he wasn't joking, and after confirming, I immediately nodded positively. "But where?"

"First, we'll have lunch with everyone, then I'll take you to the most beautiful part of Rajmahal," he replied.

"Let's go then," I said excitedly. "Baisa, let me help you change," Rekha said, reminding me of my condition. Not that I was in any bad condition, but I really smelled like a walking herbal factory. "You get ready; I'm waiting outside," Dhruv said, exiting the room.

I got ready with great difficulty, as the wound on my shoulder had yet to heal. I came out to find Dhruv talking with Bheem Singh about something. As I approached them, Bheem Singh greeted me and then left. I looked towards Dhruv, who seemed a bit troubled, but he quickly hid it.

"Sab thik?" I asked.

"Hmm, just a matter of court," he answered. I nodded, not wanting to ask further. The prospect of leaving the room and exploring the beautiful part of Rajmahal with Dhruv overshadowed any lingering questions.

Midway, we encountered Vandana, and a silent sigh escaped me, wishing I could skip her presence for just one day. However, my subdued reaction didn't go unnoticed by Dhruv. As we proceeded, Vandana's gossip about me reached my ears, but I chose to maintain my usual indifference, lacking the energy for a confrontation.