chapter-3

I slept till late in the morning. A maid woke me up and tell that queen mother wants to meet me . So I put on most decent dress that I have in my bag . That's a over sized tshirt and a high base jeans, I make a messy bun with my hairs, wore my sneaker , i didn't wear any jewelry except my lucky ring that was given to me by my Father.

The maid that woke me up was waiting outside for me . She lead me to the queen mother's tant on my way I was thinking what I am gonna to tell the queen mother I can't possibly tell her about my time travel. I have to be careful of every word that i speak because a single wrong word can get me killed.

The maid shook me which made me come out of thought. I was standing in front of a luxurious tent I assume it's queen mother's tent I moved in to find vaidya that treated me with another middle aged women she might be in her early forties. She gives a strong aura of a queen.

She looked at me from top to bottom well to be honest stared for a while then speak.

"Come here " she said with a blank expression which made me froze for a moment. " sit on the couch "

I hesitantly move towards the couch to sit . To be honest I am a little scared what if she took me as spy .

" how are you feeling ?" She asked politely. She seems to have sensed my fear.

" I am much better now , queen mother " I replied with a fake smile.

" vaidya told me that you were searching for your uncle. Who is he ? And what about your parents " she asked.

" my parents died when I was a child and my uncle is my father best friend. "
I replied carefully .

She took long pause then asked " what were you doing on the top of the mountain. How did you fall and where is your uncle now"

" I don't know....I.. I came with my uncle to travel the world. I found something strange outside so I went to look for it without telling my uncle then the I feel that earth startad to sake and everything went dark the last thing I remember that I fell fall on something hard. " I finished explaining almost crying. But what she said next made me froze .

"Yes there was a landslide that caused alot of destruction . We found you on branch of a tree next day . But about your uncle well he might be dead. I don't want to scare you but inform you about the situation. " although I know that my uncle is alive in 21st century but still it made me emotional.

" don't cry my child , everything will be alright. " she said hugging me while petting my hairs .

After calming me down she again asked something at is hard to answer for me . " where are you from and why do wear these weird clothes? You seem to belong to good family but your clothes... are weird. "

" after I lost my parents I started traveling with my uncle we didn't stay anywhere for long as for my clothes, people wear these types of clothes  where I came from. " I replied with half truth and half lie as She seems like a good person so I don't want to lie to her but I can't absolutely tell her truth.

" seems like you came from far away " she said and give me an understanding look before continuing " but since you're here don't wear these clothes "

" since I am here means?" I asked not understanding her last line.

" well since your uncle is not here now . You can stay with me as it's not safe for girls to be alone but only if you want to . " she said with a smile which made me hug her since she reminds me of my mother.

My meeting with queen mother lasted till noon then we have lunch which has chapati , kachori ,some sweet with curry . She told me that she was on her way back to the raj mahal ( royal palace) but has to stop because of landslide. Another day in 15th century passed by like this and it's night already . I accepted her proposal of bringing me with her to palace since she seems like a good person and it really dangerous for me as a girl to be here well it's dangerous to live in palace too but atleast I will be safe there till I don't give them any reason to suspect me . Thinking all this I fall asleep a little relieved .