chapter- 6

It's been three days since I came in palace I grew close to Maan yet keeping my distance . I know she doesn't mean any harm to me but whatever I had experienced after my parents death is keeping me from trusting anyone fully.

I haven't seen Dhruv even since. Maan told that he is busy with preparations of Phool's engagement. Well day after tomorrow is Phool's engagement. She'll be here today and guest will be arriving from today evening.

Right now I am getting ready in my room i wore a green lehegha which has red embroidered border with orange choli and odhani ( veil ) with some gold jewelry . I was busy getting ready when someone knock my door . I opened the door and found Maan .

" see I told you this dress looks beautiful on you " she said proudly.

" yes Maan has best taste in dresses. Now let's go for puja " I said arranging my odhani and walk out of my room.

After puja we went to Maan room . She want me to help her choose what she'll wear for engagement. We just reached her room when a maid broke in .

" pranam rajkumari ( greeting princess ) Pranam baisa ( lady ) , rajkumari Phool bai has arrived. She is in her room with queen mother. " the maid said joining her hands and bowing her head.

As soon as Maan heard this she as always held my hand and makes me run to Phool's room. As I entered the room I saw a beautiful girl of maybe of same age as mine she has long hair and eyes that reassemble dhruv's with slightly tanned skin. As we walked towards them rani maa noticed us .

" here your are " Said rani maa making Phool focus on us . Maan hugged her sister excitedly. Then looked towards me .

" you must be tara , right." Said the Princess. I nodded in response.

" you girls enjoy yourself. I'll head out .I have alot of work to do." Queen mother said while walking out of the room.

" Come sit with me , you know what I was so excited to meet you . I heard lot about you from Uday bhaisa ." She said holding my hands making me confused as uday only meet me once what would he had told her . Phool might have understood my confusion as we explained further.

" he told me how beautiful you are . And how you saved dhruv bhaisa despite being injured yourself . He saw you both that night . Thank you so much tara . You're really beautiful inside outside out ." She explained. Didn't dhruv himself told to keep it a secret but anyway I am happy as Phool seem to like me .

We talked for sometime then left Phool alone as she needs to rest. Guests started to come by the evening. I was roaming around the secret garden which is in completely isolated area connecting raniwaas to royal library . It has flowers, herbs butterfiles but what I liked the most is rabbits here . I was busy playing with these little creatures when a familiar voice caught my attention It's dhruv.

" i didn't know you have a soft side too."
He said while taking another rabbits in his hands . Making me roll my eyes .

" their's alot your majesty doesn't know about me . By the way what's your majesty doing here instead of attending his guest ." I said still playing with rabbits.

" I am the king I don't need to attend every guest myself. Btw thanks for that day." He said .

" you don't need to thank me I just helped an injured man who turn out to be the king so I got a place to living for time being. " I said looking into his eyes. And silence fall between us .

" what did you use that day that man was crying with pain when my soldiers caught him." He asked breaking the silence.

"OH I just used pepper spray. " he narrowed his eyebrows in confusion. " aa... it's self defense equipment. Womens from where I came from uses  to protect themselves. It cause burning sensation in eyes and give us chance and time to run far ." I explained finding appropriate words to make him  understand. he nodded in response that he understood.

It's already time for dinner as planned Phool , Maan, and I have dinner together in Phool's room as Phool wants to spend sometime with us maybe she is feeling pre wedding jitters. After having dinner and alot of gossip. I came back to my room.

I was excited for engagement/ Tilak ceremony but later got to know that it's only man ceremony where brothers of bride-to-be along with some male relatives will go to grooms house exchange gifts and put Tilak on groom's forehead. That means dhruv will also be going wait why am I even thinking about him tara stop thinking just go to sleep. Removing all my jewelry went to bed .

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I know that story is a bit boring but believe me guys it's going to much more interesting from now as their will be alot interaction between dhruv and tara .

** it's a draft I haven't edited it yet so in case of spelling or grammatical mistakes then do correct me .