chapter- 5

Since it was already noon so after our introduction we went to have our lunch. I had my lunch absent-mindedly then maan took me to my new room that was in raniwaas ( womens section in the palace) . Maan told me that since they weren't informed about me so I was given a room in outer palace for a night .

Maan is a simple bubbly girl although I am kinda anti-social but makes me feel like I'm not alone here . Everyone treated me with respect as I was queen mother's guest. To be honest I don't understand why she is being this good to me . Anyway it's good for me .

" tara " her voice caught my attention. I hummed in response then she continued " why were you so shocked to see dhruv baisa earlier?"

" he looks like someone I met before. " I replied pretending to look out of the window.

" Ohh , btw  aren't you getting bored. Let me show you around since you'll be living here from now on ." She said excitedly.

" wait , what does I'll be living here from now on mean " I asked being confused.

" maasa told us that you're a orphan and your only guardian your uncle might be dead and you don't know your way back home therefore you'll be living here in her care . You know what she seem to like you alot . " she replied. I nodded in response and she took my hand to show me around.

Since it's zenana ( womens section) it's designed in the way  womens and children living in the palace doesn't get bored it's has a large beautiful garden with different flowers , a fountain in the middle and rabbits roaming around. Although I have seen alot of palace in 21st century but no one can beat this one it's the most beautiful palace I have ever seen.

We have not seen even half of the palace and I already started to feel tired so we sat on the swing in the garden.

" Maan , why does everyone seem so busy ? " I asked look around.

" maasa didn't told you . It's because phool jiji is going to get married " she replied. " phool ? " I asked

" phool bai , my elder sister. She has gone to meet dadisa in ashram. Since she will not be able to come here due to her health also it's not good to travel so far for her age . Jiji will be back in few days then it's her engagement and after a month it's her wedding . " she replied excitedly then took a pause as if thinking something then continued " Ohh I totally forgot royal Tailors  will be here to take our measurements for our new dress let's go ."

After give my measurement i took my leave . I was going back to my room when a maid told me that queen mother  called me I followed her to a big hall not the one where queen mother introduced me to her family . Rani maa was sitting on a couch and near her some girl or maybe womens because all of them were married. I was not socked as my grandmother told that  in past girl used to marry at the age of 16 or 17  even child marriage was in practice. But for my 21st century mind it kinda feels weird.

I joined my hands and bowed to her .
She signaled me to sit I sit beside her.

" they are kamla and bimla . They will be serving you along with rekha now on " she said pointing towards them .

"But.. "

" no argument on this arrangement. Phool is going to get married in a month . So it's going to be very busy and alot of guest will be coming they'll help you in case you might not get to see me ." She explained.

" rani maa , I...why are you being so nice to me .I mean it's not that I hate it but you don't even know me . " I asked hesitantly. To which she rubbed my head and replied " it true I don't know you well but I can see in your eyes that you mean no harm and eyes never lies furthermore you reassemble someone I lost long time ago. I also know that you're hiding something from me "

"I.."

I was  cut off again " but no need to worry I won't ask you about it . I know that you don't mean any harm and that enough for me ." I smiled in response.

Soon it was dinner time also the first time I'll be eating with a relaxed mind i don't even remember what I have eaten for lunch well I was shocked to hell at that time. I had my dinner alone as everyone else were already done theirs.

I am back in my room . Rekha and kamla helped me to take the weight off me..I mean my jewelry and dress and I wore a plain white lehegha choli of phool which rani maa gave me along with some daywear to wear till my clothes get ready. I laid on my bed start thinking about my first day in palace. What a hectic day it was . I fell asleep while thinking as I was so tried .

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I know that story is a bit boring right now but believe me guy it going to become interesting by each chapter.

** I do tell me if there is any spelling or grammatical mistakes in comments.