Shadows of Deceit

Author's pov

The next day, Dhruv woke up with a smile, the promises made under the evening sun still reverberate in his heart.He found himself lost in the warmth of those memories when one of his attendants entered the room.

"Ranasa, Kuwar Devraj wishes to meet you," the attendant informed. Dhruv nodded allowing devraj in.

As Devraj entered, he couldn't help but notice the genuine happiness on Dhruv's face-a rare sight in a long time . However, a weight settled in Devraj's chest as he knew that what he was about to share might cast a shadow over that joy.

" subh prabhat (Good morning), Dhruv," Devraj greeted, trying to match his friend's upbeat mood.

Dhruv smiled at him, " subh prabhat ( good morning ) Devraj,What brings you here this early in the morning?"

Devraj hesitated for a moment, the guilt evident in his eyes. "Dhruv, there's something I need to tell you. Something that might take away this smile."

Dhruv's expression shifted, concern replacing the joy. "What is it, Devraj?Tell me everything."

Devraj took a deep breath, bracing himself to share the burdensome news that threatened to disrupt the tranquility Dhruv had found.

"Dhruv, according to my investigation, the attacks on food, grains, and other necessary supplies across the mainland seem to be planned," Devraj explained. "And the attack on the night before your birthday is not connected to these assaults. I believe it has a different motive."

Dhruv's brow furrowed as he absorbed the information. "The attacks on the food supply are meant to weaken us, i guess but what could be the reason behind targeting me with such a less effective poison?" he asked, frustration evident in his voice.

Devraj sighed, "That's the puzzle I'm trying to unravel. It seems like there are multiple forces at play with different agendas. The motive behind the poison might be to instigate fear or confusion rather than causing harm. We need to be cautious and dig deeper into these matters."

That when dhruv's younger brother uday came " The attack on the night before Bhaisa's birthday makes sense," Uday stated, catching their attention. He paused, observing the confusion on Dhruv's and Devraj's faces before continuing, "The arrow was targeted at you, Bhaisa. Just imagine if it had actually hit you; guards would only find Tara there. Though the poison wasn't strong, it could have kept you unconscious long enough for people to believe Tara is the culprit. No one else was there except her, not to mention you're teaching her sword and archery."

Dhruv's mind raced, connecting the dots. The intricacies of the plot unfolded before him, and concern etched his features. The danger wasn't just external; it had crept within the walls of trust, casting shadows on the bonds he held dear.

As the gravity of Uday's revelation settled, Dhruv's mind was a battlefield of conflicting emotions. Concern for Tara mingled with a growing unease about the insidious plot that had been woven around him.

"Uday, are you suggesting that someone is deliberately trying to frame Tara?" Devraj asked, his voice tinged with disbelief.

Uday nodded, "Yes, Devraj. It appears to be a meticulously crafted plan to cast suspicion on Tara. The attackers wanted to exploit the trust and bond between Bhaisa and Tara. It's a dangerous game that threatens not only Tara's standing but also the stability of the kingdom as tara's background is unknown ."