17. ARUSH

DHARA: Kiaan is excited to meet you. If you are free then maybe you can hang out with him?

My morning couldn't be any better. First I woke up without any nightmare assaulting me. I couldn't believe that I slept peacefully without any bad dreams after so long. I was still celebrating my little victory when I got her message. I'm feeling so happy right now that I'm going to meet with my son.

My son. Mine and Dhara's. I take a pause to fully absorb this ecstasy. Damn I still can't believe I'm a father. I have been a father for so long but had no idea. Although I had already met with Kiaan and liked him already but this time will be different. This time I'll meet him as my son.

I'm so excited that I forget to reply her earlier text. I slap myself internally for forgetting her message. As much as I want to meet my child I also want to spend time with Dhara. I didn't joke when I said that I'll pursue her. I may have lost her once but now I'll do everything in my power to win her back.

ME: Meet me at Toon Café.

Her reply comes instantly

DHARA: Okay. We'll be there.

I put back my phone but can't wipe off the smile on my face. I showered and get ready instantly. I have to buy gifts for Kiaan but I have no idea what he likes. I can't ask Dhara about it. I want to surprise them both. I guess I'll ask store helper.

I go downstairs and everyone is already sitting at the breakfast table. I greet everybody and hug maa before taking my seat.

"You look happy today. What's the matter?" Sharvani asks with a raised brow.

"What matter? I'm always happy." I shrug trying to act cool.

"No you don't. These days you were extra bitchy. Then how did you become all sunshine?" Neil scoffs

"Shut up Neil." I roll my eyes.

"I think I know his reason of happiness" Sharvari grins slyly.

"Bhabhi please tell me" Neil nudges Sharvari but Vihaan slaps his head.

"I'm done" I stand up coughing.

God my family is nosy. Especially Sharvari. I know it will not take her too long to finally connect the dots. And knowing her she must be already halfway done. I want to tell my family about everything but first I have to sort things out for myself.

I get inside my Ferrari and pull onto the road. I make my first stop at toy shop and get inside. There are so many toys with so many features that left me confused as hell. Last time I came here to buy toys for Samara and that was easy given she is an infant but what should I buy for 3 year old boy?

"May I help you sir?" a helper asked

"What should I buy for a three-year-old boy?" I ask looking around

"Don't worry sir. I'll help you picking right toys" he smiles politely and shows me various items.

After spending 20 minutes in the store and looking at all the items I finally came out with three big packets and tons of knowledge on toys. I bought a lego set, a super car model and a fluffy teddy bear. I hope Kiaan will like these gifts. Afterall this is just the beginning, I want to give him a lot more things in future.

I arrived at the café before them and go inside to our table. I chose this café because of its interior which looks exactly out of a cartoon show. There are many characters on the walls and even waiters are dressed like cartoons. This is perfect for kids and I hope Kiaan will also like it.

I was checking my emails and replying to them when her smell hit me. Strawberries. I lift my eyes and there she was. Looking elegant and beautiful in her suit with clanking of her bangles and earrings hangings on her ears. I must have gotten lost as I didn't snap out until Kiaan run towards me and hugged my leg.