9. DHARA

I run outside of the office building after winding up my work. I can't believe the nerves of this man. How dare he to corner me and touch me like that. Who the hell this man think he is? I hate him so much that I just want to punch him until he faints. And I hate myself for reacting like this towards his touch. Why did my body tingles when he came near me? His touch should disgust me but it just heats my body. It must be because I was only with him and no one else. I'm sure this must be the only reason. Yes! it is true that my body only knows his touch and that's why it reacts to him.

I go inside the playway to pick up Kiaan when I see the head principal coming my way with a scared look. I frown as I call out Kiaan and pick him up in my arms.

"Ms. Dhara" the principal calls.

"Yes Sir. Is there any problem?" I ask him.

"No No I just wanted to offer you this. Your ward is the best kid and he deserves this." He says before handing me a huge gift hamper. I take it with shock but didn't ask much.

As I sit inside the cab with Kiaan and I turn towards him.

"Pumpkin? What did you do?"

"Nothing Mama" he replies innocently.

"Then why did your teacher give you this?"

"Because big uncle shouts" he giggles.

"Who big uncle?" I ask cautiously.

"A good uncle. He buy me a ice cream." He answer.

"Pumpkin!! I told you to never talk with strangers." I yell at him and instantly regrets when his eyes well up with tears.

"Sorry baby. I shouldn't shout at you. I was just scared." I pull him into my lap wiping his tears.

"He was good. He saved me." he mumbles.

"Save you? How?" I ask him but he was asleep.

I tuck Kiaan inside the bed before going to shower. I lean back against the wall as the tiredness drains me. I feel exhausted after working continuously and Arush tyranny is taking a toll on me. I know he just wants to see me break down but I'm not going down this time. This time he won't be able to hurt me.

I change into my comfy clothes and go outside to sit on the couch. I'm so tired that I don't even want to cook. Maybe I should just order online. I heard opening of the door and turn around to see Ishaan coming with takeout bags.

"You're a life saviour Ishaan!! How do you always know what I need?" I groans as he put the bags on the table and takes a seat.

"It's called Ishaan magic." He mimics some magician and I burst out laughing.

"You are a terrible actor" I giggle feeling relaxed.

"I know. But I'm a good massager." He says as he starts massaging my feet.

"You don't need to-" I say but he cuts me off.

"It's not the first time Dhara. Remember when you were pregnant and your feet are swollen like balloons." He smiles as he gently massage.

"Yeah I remember. I couldn't even stand properly for more than 5 minutes. But you were there with me like always." We both smile looking at each other. Ishaan presence is like a balm on the wounds. He always soothes my pain like his own heart hurts seeing me hurt.

After he was done with the massage we sit beside each other and talk about our day. I told him about Arush's behaviour and how he torments me. I lay down my head on his shoulder as the sadness overshadow me.

"Did he ask you about Kiaan?" he asks.

"No." I reply and he nod.

We stay like this for some time before Kiaan wakes up and run into Ishaan.