14. DHARA

"Dhara?" I turn around to see Ishaan standing in the hall. I cover Kiaan with blanket and kiss him good night before closing the bedroom door. My son was so tired from today's adventure that he passed out on the way home. Its already getting late night and Ishaan must be leaving too.

"You want coffee?" I ask him but he shakes his head. He takes my hand and make me sit beside him.

"Are you okay?" he asks concerned. I know why he is asking.

"Of course." I try to smile.

"It's okay Dhara. I know you must have felt something when you saw Arush with Kiaan. I can see in your eyes." He says cupping my face.

"Does it make me stupid to want my son have his father's love in his life. The same father who didn't even recognize him." I whisper.

"No. it makes you a mother. And Arush is still Kiaan's father so you can't erase that off. But I also know that no one can love Kiaan more than you." he reassures me.

"Sometimes I wish you to be Kiaan's father." I say and he was taken back.

"Me too." He says few seconds later. We both stay like that into each other embrace.

"I should go." He stands to go.

"Thank you Ishaan." I say before kissing him softly on his lips. He leave after waving me off with a sweet smile.

I finally change into my nightwear and go to bed. I'm also tired but seeing my baby happy makes it worth. I close my eyes to sleep but instead Arush face flashes through my eyes. For some unknown reasons I can't shake off the memory of his eyes when he saw me with Kiaan. Why did he looked betrayed when I was the one who should be feeling that?

**********************************

I wake up early next day as my night passed with me twisting and turning every second. I couldn't sleep properly because my mind was restless. I get off my bed and go inside my bathroom to take a relaxing shower. I get ready and apply extra concealer to hide my black circles.

I start preparing breakfast while drinking my coffee. Kiaan is also awake now so I help him getting bath properly. I change his clothes and serve him his breakfast. I check the time to see I still have time left to go to Sharvari's house.

I pick up my handbag and Kiaan's mini bag before locking the door. Our cab is already waiting outside as we exit the building. I notice a heavy portion of wall is cracked near the stairs. I shake my head and get inside the cab. I should start searching for new place now that I have enough savings. This building is not safe anymore.

I drop Kiaan at his playway and told my driver the address where I need to be dropped next. Sharvari's house is on the outskirts of city so it takes me some time to reach there. Thankfully I arrive my location just on time and pay the driver his money while wishing him good day.

I walk towards entrance while seeing the beautiful flowers that are blooming in the garden. I love flowers but never got enough time to own some plants as they need proper attention. Maybe one day I could have my own small garden.

When I enter the hallway I see a man jumping up and down while singing mindlessly. I recall his name as Neil when I met him at the hospital.

"Excuse me" I call him but he didn't notice.

"EXCUSE ME" this time I said little loudly and that got his attention finally.

"Yo! Who are you?" he asks still hopping like a frog. Can't he stand like a normal person?