25. DHARA

I didn't get enough sleep last night and now I'm regretting it. My head is hurting like hell due to lack of sleep. I took long shower hoping that would help me but it didn't do much. I take the sip of my third cup of black coffee as I rub my temple.

I check the time and it shows I have to leave in one hour to be on time. Shit. I groan after finishing my coffee and took two painkillers wishing it would ease the pain fast. I wish I could control my thinking as it always leads to sleepless night. Last night was same, with me dwelling on the things that happened over the day. How I saw the painful expression on Arush face when I told him about my delivery period. I can't deny the fact that it did warm my heart seeing him affected. He truly feels guilty about everything that happened in the past. Though I also charged him guilty earlier but now I understand that nothing was in our control. It was our destiny and I have already accepted it.

Thankfully the pills I took did their job and my headache subsided after ten minutes. I go to my wardrobe and chose my pink saree thinking it would be more appropriate for pooja. I know his mother said I don't have to worry about anything but I also know what should I wear on these events. I start draping my saree and finally complete it soon. I always loved wearing a saree so it didn't take me long to done it. I style my hair in a loose bun and opt for my matching earrings. I completed my look with a black bindi and smile, satisfied with myself.

When I'm about to book my cab I receive a message from Arush saying he has already sent the driver to pick me who is waiting outside

When I'm about to book my cab I receive a message from Arush saying he has already sent the driver to pick me who is waiting outside. This man is too much. I lock the door shaking my head smiling at his care. Somethings never change. Maybe it will change when he finds someone else. A voice from my inside whispers and my heart pinched. Why am I feeling bad when I myself told him to move on by myself? Of course he will find another girl so I shouldn't think about it. I pushed him away and I won't regret it. Not now not ever. Liar.

I turned off the voices in my head and go outside. The driver was already waiting as I walk to the car and step inside. I look outside the window trying not to think about anything negative and instead focus on the present. I'll cross that bridge when the time comes. Soon enough we reach his house which is decorated with flowers today. I step outside carefully and enter inside the house. There are people going back and forth with arrangements as aunty give instructions.

"Oh Dhara! Thank God you're here. Pandit ji is arriving soon" aunty greets hugging me

"Calm down aunty. Everything looks perfect" I say gently

"That's what I have been saying since morning but she is not listening" Sharvari chimes giving her a side hug. She is also wearing a saree but her is red. This woman can rock both Indian and western looks. I thought she looked hot that night but she looks equally beautiful in her saree.

"You kids don't understand. He is very important pandit. It took me months to arrange him for today's pooja. His blessings never go empty" Aunty explains like we are toddlers