6. ARUSH

"Bro are you listening?" Neil snaps his fingers in front of my face. I jerk away from my thoughts and look around to see everyone staring at me. I must have zone out again.

"Yeah? you were talking about something?" I say clearing my throat.

"We are discussing baby names. I vote for Daisy and Darwin." Neil says smugly.

"I told you I'm not naming my kids these names of yours. Save those for yourselves." Vihaan says throwing pillow at Neil.

"He is right. And Darwin? Seriously Neil? The kid is not going to be a freaking scientist." I say in a bored tone.

"If you think my ideas are lame and then do tell me your suggestions." Neil pouts dramatically.

"I don't have anything right now but mine will be surely better than yours." I answer.

"Relax boys. No need to fight over a name. You all can give me your suggestions till next week." Sharvari says rubbing her belly.

"Dinner is ready." Maa calls from the dinner table.

We all start moving towards the dining area when Sharvari caught my arm. I turn towards and see her assessing me closely.

"Is there anything you want to talk?" she questions in a low voice. I was momentarily taken aback by her question but immediately masked my expression.

"No. You know I'll talk with you all if there will be something." I answer trying to smile.

She stares at me with her calculating eyes before leaving to sit on the chair. I exhale after she walks away. I should have known better. Sharvari is very preceptive and she instantly knows when something is wrong. I have to be careful around her. I can't let my past reveal in front of my family. It's already enough that they knew some girl broke my heart.

"Arush how was your trip?" maa asks.

"It was good. I think we got the deal from our French client." I say eating my meal.

"You do realise that we sent you on a holiday and not for work." Maa says.

"I know but I can't sit idle for such time. I enjoyed my trip and get the deal cracked. So it's a win-win for all of us." I shrug and they all roll their eyes.

"I checked all the files. You're good to go. But you will need your assistant for help. How are you going to manage?" Shivansh asks me.

"I don't know. Maybe I can find another replacement." I huff.

"You should ask Dhara for help. I'm sure she will help you." Sharvari offers.

I instantly tensed hearing her name. I grit my teeth to control my nerves. Seeing her after this long time took me back to the past. I always thought that if I ever see her again I will only feel hate but what I felt at that time was pain and maybe longing. I hate that she still affects me in the same way. I hate that I still wants to touch her. To feel her. When I talked with her it took all of me to not ask her why did she betrayed me. To ask her why she broke my heart. So I direct my anger in the different way and for a moment I saw deep hurt in her eyes. I told her to leave but she wants to stay. I guess I should take my revenge.

"Okay. Send her to my office tomorrow." I smirk inwardly. If she is thinking that she can use me again then she has something else coming. Be ready Dhara to live the same torment you put me through.

4 YEARS BACK:

I jog towards library excitedly to meet her. I'm so happy to meet her after almost a week. After our dinner last week I have to leave because Vihaan needed me. I told her that I have to go for some work and she bid me goodbye smiling. Our dinner date was so good that I didn't want it to be over ever. I look at the flowers in my hand as I enter the library only to find it full with students.