28. DHARA

I put my last item in the box and seal it. Now, all my belongings are officially packed and I'm ready to move in to Ishaan place. Or am I? I shake off my negative thoughts. No second guessing Dhara. You are doing the right thing. It's best for everyone.

Ishaan rented a truck to load my stuff in. I don't have a lot of things so it was pretty easy to lift everything. I look around the space I occupied for past months. It already started feeling like a home even though it was Arush's. Leaving it behind makes me little sad.

"Hey beautiful." I turn back hearing Ishaan voice

"Hey." I give him a small smile

"Still sure about this?" his question makes me stop

"Yeah. Remember we talked about this? Are you having any doubt?" I ask sarcastically

"I never doubted my feelings for you Dhara. There is nothing I want than you with me."

"Then it's all good" I say trying to be happy.

"Dhara..." Ishaan come forward and hold my hand gently.

"What's the matter Ishaan?" I can see turmoil in his eyes

"I can't be selfish. You deserve better than this" he murmurs

"What--?" I ask confused and then he place a letter in my hand.

"Read it. I'm going to give you some time and when I return you can tell me if you are still sure about this. Just remember Dhara, I'll always support you. No matter what." He kisses my temple softly and then leaves.

I look at the letter in my hand with a frown. What is happening? I open the letter with my shaky hands and start reading.

Ishaan,

First of all, congratulations. You won the biggest prize of your life. You got her man. And I'm really mad at you for this but then again it was her choice. You are her choice.

This is the most important letter I have ever written. I wanted to have this talk with you face to face but it took all my courage to write this letter. So here I'm conveying my message on a piece of paper.

Ever since I came to knew about the 'moving in' part I was dead. The life you are living now is the one I dreamt about all my life. You are living my life that I envisioned with her. And I'll hate you for this forever.

But then again it was my fault. The reason you are with her is because I fucked up, and I fucked up bad man. It doesn't matter that it was unintentional because at the end of the day, I'm to be blamed for all the pain and hurt Dhara has felt. I made my life's biggest mistake.

And you know the toughest thing about all of this is that I can't change it. I tried. I gave all I had but some things can't be fixed. I refused to believe it but now I have finally accepted my defeat. I lost her. And now I have no option than to let her go. But I need to know that you are the right man for her and she is going to be loved and worshipped.

I'll tell you all the things that I know about her that you need to know. I know you will say that you knew her before I ever came into her life still you don't know her well enough. So read this letter very carefully.

She loves gardening. It gives her peace. She wanted to have a small garden of her own one day. So make sure you give her that space.

She is obsessed with gajras. And she will never buy it for herself. You have to gift her those. She will preserve it until the last leave dries off.