10. ARUSH

"What the hell is wrong with you Arush?" my sister-in-law barges into my office yelling.

"Pretty much everything. But why are you asking?" I answer exhausted. I'm fucking tired to my bones but I don't think Sharvari is going back without having her way.

"Why did you give Dhara task that takes her extra time?" she asks sternly placing her hand on my table.

"So what if she worked for little extra time. Everyone works here till that time but she always leaves before prescribed time. You shouldn't do favouritism." I sigh heavily.

"Favouritism? Are you kidding me?" she snaps.

"Yes. Why else does she gets treated differently?" I question her.

"Because she has a child goddamn it. She has to leave early because she picks up her kid from playway and has to travel long for her home. And she compensate for her time very well by completing every task on time. You know she even works on weekends just so people like you couldn't question her ability." She answers furiously but I'm frozen in my place.

"She has a child?" I say without thinking.

"Yes that's what I said just now. Why are you looking so pale suddenly?" she says in a softer tone.

"I have to use washroom. Excuse me." I throw my words out as I rush into my bathroom. I grip the counter edges as I stare into the mirror. She has a child. A child. Pain like nothing before pierces my heart. Is she married? But I didn't see any sign. Who is her child's father? Is it Ishaan? How fast did she move on? I pull my hair harshly with so many questions in my mind. I slump down against the wall as she again breaks me.

Did she ever think about me while making love with her lover? Did she recall our conversation about kids when she gave birth to her kid? Am I that easily forgettable to her? How stupid I was to believe her even for a second when she told me those beautiful lies. I told her that I hate her presence then why does my heart still break hearing about her having a kid that isn't mine? I close my eyes wishing just to have her child as mine. Why did she ruin everything?

FLASHBACK:

"Happy birthday ma fraise" I kiss her softly as I loop my arms around her waist.

"Thank you Arush." She beams happily.

"Here is your gift." I tell her giving the packet.

"What is it?" she asked as she peeks inside.

"It's what you will wear tonight."

"Tonight?" she asks with confusion.

"Yes tonight I'm going to pick you up and then we are going to celebrate your birthday. I would rather spend my whole day with you but I know you have back to back classes today." I said tucking her hair behind her ear.

"Arush you don't have to do this much." She said with downward frown.

"Nothing I do for you will be much ever. Just be ready for me." I plead as I nuzzle my nose in her neck.

"Okay." She nods.

I go to my place where I stay and start arranging the setup for her birthday. This will be the first time she is coming to my place and I don't want to make a bad impression. Knowing her thoughts she will never like a grand celebration so I have to keep the things low-key but beautiful.

After two hours of my continuous effort this place is now perfectly set for my love's birthday. I study my surrounding and feel proud of my creation. I set a table for just two of us where we would have dinner and talk. I also laid down comforters with fluffy blankets and pillows for her to sleep well. I know by the time we will be done with celebrations it would be late so she will have to sleep here. This will be our first sleepover.