Kars 2

-x-

_____ sat in the living room playing Red Dead Redemption 2, Diego watching with interest. Valentine was sitting nearby, sometimes looking at the screen, but otherwise seemed to be just relaxing listening to music on his earphones, going in between dozing and alertness in intervals. She had mentioned she was going to be playing it, knowing they would probably like the setting of it. At some point, Kira had come in as well, sitting on the other side of her without a word, watching the screen silently, though she could feel his eyes stray to her working thumbs on the controller. It was mostly quiet, aside from the noises the video game made and the random comments from the jockey about how bad she was at handling even an animated horse. She really didn't mind because it was heavily true, she wasn't a video game master in the slightest and just always enjoyed playing a game rather than trying to be the best at it. All in all, it was a peaceful Friday morning. 

So of course it had to get interrupted. 

Kars moved in front of the tv with his arms crossed over his broad chest. Quickly pausing so she wouldn't die in the shoot out in the game, the woman blinked up at him in surprise. 

"Let's go," was all the ancient vampire said, his tone leaving no room for argument. However, she still tried. 

"Excuse me," she blinked again, "What in the world are you talking about? We don't have anything planned for today."

"We do now. Are you scared of heights?"

"Oh this doesn't bode well...."

-x-

_____ clung around his neck tightly as Kars soared through the air. If she hadn't put her hair up, it would be everywhere at this point. He had bound his hair together in his signature wrap, carrying the bags he had hastily made her pack in his clawed feet below them. 

"I don't require breathing," he said, sounding both amused and annoyed, "But you are holding on rather tight. I'm not going to let you fall."

"Yes well being thousands of feet in the open air, not knowing where you're going, doesn't exactly scream to be calmer," she retorted sourly.

"Well...at least you're not really screaming."

"No point. I know you won't drop me and falling scares me more than the height."

Kars chuckled. Once again, he had underestimated this small human girl. Sure she was choking the life out of him, but she had only scream on take off, which he would consider a normal reaction for any mortal. He hadn't gone too high, just enough to be hidden by the clouds or just below when he felt her shiver. He was sure his naturally cold body didn't help much, but at least it was getting warmer as they neared their destination. He desperately needed as far away from that home right now, that young vampire was getting on his last nerves. The only plus was having to bring her along, which he didn't even stop to think why this would be a plus. He liked having her around, that's all. 

Kars descended easily towards the ground in a wooded area and knelt so she could slide off of his back and he could revert back to normal. He dug in the bag for a moment before getting out a black coat and pants and slid them on. She looked around for a moment, wondering where he had taken her before seeing mountains nearby. They looked somewhat familiar, but she wasn't an expert on geographical information. She felt something heavy begin to wrap around her shoulders and blinked before mindlessly putting on the heavy coat. It had been warmer up closer to the sun, but now the chill was setting in. 

"Okay," she said, looking up at him, "Now will you tell me where we are?"

"I believe you humans call these the Denali Mountains," he said, "Someplace called Alaska. I didn't want to run into trouble with those passport things otherwise I would have gone outside of America."