Complicated

-x-

To say things have been tense since the wedding was a huge understatement. While he still cooked and such for her, Kira was no longer sitting with her as she ate. Kars had become overly pissy at her, even when he still took the weekly blood from her. Pucci had become okay with not going to church every week, just stating he needed alone reflection and devotional. Diavolo was rarely off his computer, cursing to himself constantly, yelling when anyone bothered him. Valentine had made a point to leave the room when she came in. Diego only spoke to her to make sure she didn't 'screw up' his next rodeo deal. Even Dio had become more abusive towards her, actively kicking her out of the bed before the alarm. All of this came out of nowhere! She could understand Kira, she had totally disregarded him at the wedding, but when she got home, it felt so cold and unwelcoming, she almost ran back to get in her car, but didn't want to make this worse. 

So she decided that if this was how they were going to react, obviously hiding something, that was their deal. She locked herself constantly outside in the work shed, pulling all her frustrations into making some new sculpture or painting. Dio kicked her out of the bed? She got a red bull from the fridge and went to the shed. Any of them were unrightfully rude to her? To the shed! Kira tried to threaten to blow up the shed? "Then I will just be in there too."

Her going to the work shed had increasingly become her get away and her punishment. Until they told her why they were acting this way like adults, she would just continue staying in there all day. It had air conditioning and a mini fridge, so it wasn't like she couldn't. She stopped letting them go grocery shopping with her, them always appearing back in the house by the time she made it the car. Sure, this made things a bit worse, but she had to make a point. She had asked many times by this point, so they knew she knew something was amiss. It was now their job to get over themselves and just tell her. 

On the bright side, all this pent up stress was doing wonders for her painting and small wooden sculptures she was doing. She had always wanted to get into miniature modeling building and now she could. It was relaxing and tedious, but was a perfect distraction. It wasn't until she had finished one whole small section of a run down gas station that she realized she was still thinking of them. The station looked like a bomb had hit it from the inside of the building. Did she...miss how things had been? Sure it wasn't very ideal to begin with, but it had been...fun. Each man inside had so many more quirks to them than what was on the pages of manga and it was fun finding all of them out. 

A knock on the door, softly this time, broke her out of her thoughts. She sighed and took off the gloves she had been using while painting the section, walking over to unlock and open the big double doors. Valentine stood there, his hand on his hip and looking anywhere but at her. 

"What is it," she asked in a bland tone. 

"I...was wondering if I could join you."

"No. I don't like people watching over my shoulder as I work."

Valentine bristled a bit, having been denied his chance of trying to be nice. He scoffed and walked back into the house. She was partly lying, but honestly, she didn't know how his system would react to the chemicals she had to use as well. No matter how mad, she couldn't just put them in harm; it wasn't who she was. She began closing the doors when he called out to her again. 

"When you're done, we are ready to talk to you. I was just trying to save you from being in the middle of all of them," he said, his cold stare wavering a bit before walking in. 

She watched him do so, raising an eyebrow. Save her? So this wasn't an amicable meeting? She imagined all of them standing in the living room waiting for her to come in and sit down so she would be dead center of all of it. No thank you she whispered to herself beginning to close the doors again.