Intermission 2

Have a fun Halloween chapter! Happy Halloween everyone!

-x-

"This is a monumentally bad idea."

"Come on! This is the one time in the year where everyone will just think you're in a costume! I'll even dress up as one of my characters I do have just to make it fun!"

Diavolo stared at her for a long time, not having any help from the others at the moment. Probably because he was the one so adamant about not doing this. All of them go to a Halloween event? Just because she wants to? That seemed to be enough for Dio, Pucci, and Diego. Kira had been on his side for a moment but got persuaded when she simply held his hand in pleading. Kars didn't seem to care either way, but said they would leave the first sign of anyone showing up. Valentine was still on the line, seeming to wait on his decision as well. So here he was staring at the girl who was literally begging him for his okay. She didn't want to go alone when she had a full group that would surely win the costume contest, the prize a hefty $500 for first. 

"Fine. Only because some extra money wouldn't hurt," he sighed in annoyance. 

"Yes," she cheered, "I'm going to go get into Jolyne."

"Must you," Pucci made a face. 

"It's the best one I have and I spent a year hand sewing it. So yes."

The priest rolled his eyes but looked amused. The rest went to get into their normal clothing. Kars, however, wore a pair of black tight shorts under his just because of decency. 

-x-

They were incredibly luck that Uber had a big car available that could accommodate them, Dio finessing the woman that drove them to make sure she was the one that picked them up. It wasn't too busy just yet, but man was their entrance eye catching. Several immediately recognized Dio at least. That wasn't surprising in the least, he's been a meme for years. The vampire was eating up all the attention, posing for pictures and even saying lines for people. Doppio took her arm and led her to the bar. This wasn't surprising in the least, but Diavolo had said that he would make an appearance for the contest and that was it. The two of them got a tab started and she got a shot sampler. Doppio stuck with a glass of their wine, walking with her back to the group. Pucci of course was not drinking, so he just ordered soda or water. The boys got many compliments on their "costumes" throughout the night. Though the majority just thought Kira was dressed nicely, him growing a bit agitated but managed. Only a couple actually said anything to her, but that didn't bother her in the bit. The funniest was an interaction of someone asking Pucci where he got his costume. She really thought he was going to punch the poor guy who had a girl with him, both dressed in a sexy version of a priest and nun. 

It was Dio that was thoroughly enjoying himself, Kars keeping a heavy watch on him to make sure he wasn't slyly stealing blood as he danced with pretty much anyone that asked. 

"Are you enjoying yourself," Valentine questioned, cocking his head slightly, "You've been hitting the shots pretty hard."

"Yeah I'm having a lot of fun actually," she smiled back at him.

"You've been quiet," Diego said, sitting next to her, "For someone who was so proud of the costume, and honestly looks so good in it, I would think you would be offended no one has said anything to you."

"Yeah it's a little annoying sure," she agreed, "But they probably don't even know who I'm supposed to be. Now if I was at an anime convention, I would for sure get noticed. I'm just don't really care when I'm out to have a good time with friends."

"Just yesterday you said we wished we would disappear again," Doppio so kindly reminded everyone. 

"Friends fight you know," she rolled her eyes, getting up to go sign them for the costume contest. 

So maybe that was a bad idea. It brought a lot of attention. She was silently begging these guys to just not be so serious in this. They were posing all around her. "Poised to kill!" is what the announcer said excitedly. She stood there striking the best action pose she knew for Jolyne. The nerves were hitting her bad though, but the cheering made her smile. Most of them were acting like 'regular' people in a costume, not doing things exactly correct but it was an obvious farce to anyone who knew any better. 

When the announcer didn't even place them, they had to leave immediately as Dio was not standing for this. She moved to get in front of him by instinct, but Diavolo caught her arm just shaking his head. It was Kars and Pucci who were able to stop him. 

Well Kars head locked him and Pucci talked him down. At least Dio was aware enough not to bring out his stand against them, otherwise she doesn't think either could have done anything. 

"Just what the hell was that," _____ asked, rubbing her arms as they waited outside, chastising the blonde vampire for his actions. He simply scoffed at her. 

Despite it being Texas, it was a pretty cold night. She hadn't brought the jacket she had made that went with the outfit either, like a dumbass. She felt something go around her shoulders and looked up to see Kira putting his suit jacket on her.

"You should have brought one," Kira said in a snarky tone. 

Diego huffed, clearly not having anything to give her to help with her cold nature. In a way, it made her smile, listening to them complain about not winning. Not bothering to point out, once again, only a handful of people even really recognized them. Of course the Sexy Scooby Gang won. Shit, she herself would have been drooling over the muscular guys in lingerie if present company wasn't there. Honestly, however, she was probably desensitized to muscles by now with Kars and Dio walking around shirtless most the time. 

Kars stepped a bit away from her casually, knowing his cold body temperature would do nothing to help, Dio unthinkingly doing the same. Meanwhile, the other boys stepped closer, blocking her in like a group of penguins, except all of them were eerily quiet. 

"This was a lot of fun, guys," she said after a moment of tense silence, her gaze up at the full moon that was there, a soft smile gracing her features, "Thank you so much for coming with me."

The words from the normally tense woman calmed them all for various reasons. It was rare when she thanked them this sincerely after all. Dio smirked and finally let his ranting stop, going back to flirting with whoever was around waiting outside too. This made her roll her eyes again, shaking her head. But honestly?

She wouldn't have changed tonight for anything.