Morning

I seriously cannot stop writing have another chapter

The phone beside her bed was playing a nice, soft piano noise, meaning it was 10 AM. She slowly opened her eyes and turned, shutting the alarm off. It wasn't like she needed it but she also didn't like sleeping the day away if she could help it. Today, though, with memories of last night, she was just fine doing so. She turned over and pulled her plushie closer to her getting ready to cuddle back into the bed. 

When she realized she wasn't alone. 

Shooting up in surprise, she stared at Dio who was just lounging against the headboard reading one of the few books her room. Her favorite author, a murder mystery. He wasn't too close to her, apparently just giving her the space she needed to sleep, but that was hardly the point. Feeling her eyes on him he finally looked over at her raising an eyebrow. 

"Good morning," he said lazily, "you sleep well?"

"What...are you," she began as she slowly got up to move away from him. He finished for her.

"Doing in your bed," he put the book down now, "You have the best bed in here. Also you only have one window which is hiding the light the best. I do deserve the best don't I?"

"...I'll just be a minute and I'll get out."

As she turned to go to the bathroom she heard him chuckle in amusement. 

"You don't like to fight do you," he said, standing up and walking towards her, "Not like it would matter, right? That's what you're thinking. In any case, I do not mind the company as long as you are quiet."

She stared up at him, trying to decide what to say. He was correct. She didn't like to fight, she didn't like confrontation of any kind. Even more so when there is no point to it. She was very well aware of her situation here, that's all there was to it. Would she be civil? Like her life depended on it. 

And it most certainly did. 

"I have things I need to do after yesterday. I don't mind you being in here when the sun comes up. You're just trying to survive," she said softly. 

Dio let out a laugh, highly amused by your words. 

"Day, night, it doesn't matter. I will go where I please."

"If you must."

He raised an eyebrow. The woman was taking this really well. Like she already knew where her rightful place was. Good. Then he wouldn't have to explain it. He waved her off and watched as she scurried to the bathroom. She found that he had most likely taken a bath, the dirty towels on the floor, albeit neatly out of the way. She brushed long (H/C) into a low ponytail and finished her business before exiting, leaving Dio to read on her bed, careful of the door when she opened it. 

Walking down the hall, her steps were light as always, but even more so now. Who knows when anyone was up? She went to the kitchen and made herself some coffee, pouring some kalua into it because as if she will stay completely sober with everything happening. Was it smart to do? No. But if she died then at least she would die in a party. She jumped as she turned around, seeing Kira seated at the table watching her. He didn't have his jacket or tie on, probably trying to get as comfortable as possible with what he had. 

"Drinking so much will ruin your health," he said in a bored tone, sipping some coffee as well. It was obvious he had already made himself breakfast by the dishes on the drying rack. 

"Most everything ruins your health nowadays," she said softly, taking a sip. 

"What happened to your wrist," he asked after another moment of silence.