Neverland

Hook was standing up at the wheel of the ship with Grace and Jack standing on either side of him "Why don't you just talk to her? She's hurting just as much as you." Grace says and Hook sighs "I wouldn't know what to say lass... my whole life I've thought of this moment... finding her again and I thought of everything I would've said to her and now? Well I've messed it up now... It doesn't matter Grace... I'm a villain I don't get my happy ending... It's my own fault I suppose." Hook says shrugging and Grace rolls her eyes and whacks his side "OI!" He shouts trying to jump out the ways of her attacks and Rumple looks up and smirks at Grace before looking away "Are you an idiot? I'm being deadly serious, are you an idiot?" Grace asks him deadly serious and he looks down at her offended "Excuse you." He says and the two kids cross their arms "Are you though?" Jack asks and Hook scoffs "Okay, what's with the picking on the pirate?" He asks the kids and they both smirk.

"Grace has got a point, Kitty does miss you, anyone can see that she values family." Jack says and Grace nods "Mama thinks I couldn't hear her conversation with papa, she was really upset about what Grandpappy did, she cried at night to papa whilst I cried in my room..." she says and Hook looks at her sadly "why didn't you speak to them?" He asks and Grace sighs "she didn't want them to worry about her whilst everything else was going on, she didn't think it was important." Jack says and Hook eyes widen "It wasn't important how I felt whilst everything else was going on, plus on the second night I crawled in beside mama and papa in their bed." Grace says shrugging and Killian shakes his head "Jack do me a favour lad, and hold the wheel please." Killian says before crouching down in front of Grace as Jack holds onto the wheel imagining he is a pirate.

Hook puts his hand on her shoulder and lies his hook flat on her shoulder so it doesn't hurt her "Grace your feelings are always as important as anything else going on, don't ever feel like you aren't important... your mother loves you and so does your father, it's clear for anyone to see just how much they love you." Hook tells her and he notices how her smile falls for a second before she puts it back on her face "I just don't want to bother them when there's more important stuff happening." She says and Hook shakes his head and slightly tightens his grip not enough to hurt her but enough to make her listen to him properly "Grace you could never bother them I promise you that... I know I can't call myself a father but I do believe that a child could never be a bother to their parents... do you understand me?" He says and Grace nods and her lip begins to quiver as her emotions get the better of her and Hook pulls her into hug and lifts her up keeping his hook on her back so he doesn't hurt her.

"I just... I trusted him so much... I thought he loved us..." She cries into Hook's shoulders and he nods and uses his hook to slightly adjust the steering and then he nods at Jack proudly making the boy smile as he holds the wheel "I know Grace and all I can say is I'm sorry... but at least you found out the truth." Hook says to her and she sniffles "Yeah but not because he told us because Cora wanted revenge on him... that makes it worse because that means he wasn't going to tell us." Grace says and Hook sighs and places her back onto her feet but keeps his arm around her "Grace, he's a coward and he always will be... he will always put himself above everyone else... I'm sorry if that hurts you but that's the truth." Hook says and she nods and wipes her eyes "I know... I just wish I knew that before he became a part of our family." She says quietly and Hook runs his hand over her head and smiles down at her.

"You don't need to worry anymore, I will keep you safe... I promise... I have spent lifetimes looking for my daughter and now that I've found her and my... grandchildren, I will always protect you... both of you for as long as I can." Hook says and looks down at Jack "You hear that boy?" He says and Jack nods with a smile "Do you think you could teach me to be a pirate?" Jack asks and Hook laughs "I don't know if your mother would approve." He says smirking and Jack sighs as Hook takes back control.