Valentine's Day pt.2

Start from the beginning

    We may or may not have binged the entire series in a little over three hours, and still laid down together while scrolling on Nick's phone.

     The clock hit 6:30, and that's when we decided to actually get up and head to the kitchen to start on dinner. It was something we wanted to do together since I usually do it myself.
     I got up and held nick's hand as he led the way to our kitchen. "So, do you know what's on the menu" "errm no" I respond, knowing that Nick said that he'll handle it "right, so, fried chicken, mash, asparagus, and rolls" Nick says listing everything off. My face lights up as soon as he says fried chicken. It's another one of my favs, the crunch is just so satisfying.
       "I'll handle the chicken because...hot oil, but everything else we can do together" Nick says smiling back at me "dessert?!?" "Oh yeah, cookies and ice cream" Nick smirks because he knows exactly what he did. I frown as if I might cry happy tears "like Uni" I point out and he just nods his head as I close the gap between us. Our arms wrap around each other as I lean up to kiss, but Nick pulls away smiling while pointing to somewhere behind us. I turn around and it's the bathroom. I realize that he wants me to brush my teeth. I groan pulling away "I love you so much" "enough to kiss me with pickle breath" I turn around to ask and he just smiles at me. I groan again as I make the trek to our upstairs bathroom. When I reach the top, I hear Nick yell out "I love you" one again. "I'm flipping you off right now just so you know" I yell back and I hear Nick's laugh, I smile at it.

     I make my way back downstairs into the kitchen with Nick. He rushed over to me, wrapping me up before placing his lips on mine. "I love you, you know. And your kisses, I just don't feel the same about...pickles" I chuckle " I know, and I love you too... I'd love you more if you ate pickles" " I think I'm ok with taking that L" we both laugh before kissing once more.

      We eventually started on dinner. We prepped the asparagus together, and the mash. It was time to do the chicken as most of the sides were prepped. Nick got the oil hot and tested it while I just sat at the island and just watched.
      I was mid sentence, talking to Nick when he unexpectedly took his shirt off. I was too busy being flabbergasted by my view that I couldn't continue speaking. Nick eventually looked back at me, waiting for me to continue, but he just saw the blush on my face and my jaw practically on the floor "you ok?!" He asked me smirking, glancing from the pot and back at me multiple times. "Put your shirt back on" I groan out "nah, you seem to be enjoying It" "T-the oil might pop on your chest" "is that what you're worried about" "Nickkk" I groan out again "it's too hot for my shirt" "eres tan molesto" (you're so annoying) I say getting up " but you're not fluent" Nick sucks his teeth as I dig through the closet for an apron.
    As Im still looking through the closet, I hear Nick speaking to himself trying to figure out what I said. I smile at the thought.
     When I finally found the apron box, I walk out with it behind my back when Nick all of a sudden blurts out "ANNOYING. You said I'm annoying" he looks and sounds so excited until he realizes "I'm not annoying...a-and what did you say earlier" i chuckle "I said that if you're not gonna wear a shirt then you need this when you're by the oil...seriously" "thanks mom" he says before I swat his arm on my way back to my seat at the island.

     Nick finishes with the chicken and he joins me again with the sides by helping with the rolls. They were the last part of our meal that we were waiting on. I turned to tell our google home to set a timer when I realized what song was playing softly "hey google, volume 7" I say looking over at Nick and he lights up once he realizes " our wedding song, huh" he says and I nod as Nick gets up, making his way over to me " Charles Francis Nelson, may I have this dance" I chuckle "yes you may" I say accepting his hand as we danced to the entirety of "stand by me". And perfectly, our first dance song was right after "a thousand years". By the end of both songs, I was in tears like the sap I am. Nick noticed and he hugged me even tighter "why are you crying love" he asked trying to wipe my tears away " I just can't believe I'm standing in my dream house with the love of my life and expecting a kid with him. We've just come so far...and these stupid hormones" we both laugh " I know, but I'm so, so grateful for you. I wouldn't change a thing" "me neither". He caresses my face as i lean into the kiss that he initiated, but we're once again, interrupted by the beeping going off for our rolls. Nick pulls away "go sit, I've got you" he says like every other time, but I continue to grab some things and bring them over.