Chapter 8 - Herbology (1)

Start from the beginning

He’d be gone soon, so the best option was to ignore him for now.

“Well, Carlyn is usually good at keeping time, right?”

Perhaps to break the slightly tense atmosphere or because he naturally spoke the right thing, Rekun defended me.

Mohen snorted.

“You should at least be on time when the only thing you have is Mystic power.”

What was he saying? He said we were late because of me earlier.

I sighed inwardly, frustrated by his inconsistency, but Rekun shrugged his shoulders and gestured to me.

It meant to just let it go.

Well, whatever. It was too bothersome to deal with. I was 24 years old, and I shouldn’t get angry at a 17-year-old…

‘…What a bastard.’

Was I being too lenient as an adult?

Why? At 24 years old, in reality, I was not that much of an adult. And right now, I had the body of a 13-year-old.

And being 17 years old wasn’t that young either. You could recognize the nature of a sprout from an early age.

It said he was graduating soon, so I’d been ignoring him, but my irritation was starting to exceed its limits.

People naturally became sharp and difficult when they were tired and exhausted. Maybe today was the day it exploded.

Or maybe it was because of the Devil’s Blood or the influence of my body.

‘…Just you wait.’

I couldn’t do anything about it right now due to my circumstances, but the revenge of a gentleman was never too late, even if it took ten years.

He was a guy the duke personally raised, so we’d meet someday.

By then, I would have grown, and I would have earned Duke’s trust with the information I had.

Dealing with that bastard wouldn’t be a big deal.

I was somewhat comforted by Denif secretly tapping me on the back earlier in the tense atmosphere.

At that moment, Marhan opened the door and entered.

“You all came on time.”

What? Was Marhan teaching Herbology too? I was quite surprised because he was teaching a wide range of weapons.

He seemed more versatile than I had imagined.

Well, as expected of an instructor serving under the duke.

Marhan scanned the crowd and narrowed his eyes. It was as if he saw through the tense atmosphere.

“Is there a problem?”

“No, there isn’t.”

Whether he didn’t care about the casual response or not, Marhan nodded in agreement with Rekun’s answer.