Chapter 7 - Imperial Terrorist Denif (2)

Start from the beginning

The cafeteria was not far away. Denif slumped down on a chair. Orhen sat next to him, seemingly a bit cautious.

She seemed more introverted than disliking me.

Before I sat down, I didn’t forget to use Winds to clean the chair and desk.

The two in front of me noticed the effect of the Winds and widened their eyes in surprise.

“What’s that? Is it Mystic, by any chance?”

Denif exclaimed loudly. The kids who were dining nearby glanced in our direction.

I deliberately ignored their gazes.

“Yeah.”

There was something strange.

Denif seemed more surprised than I expected. The Imperial terrorists I knew had definitely possessed Mystic abilities.

The chances of having two different Denifs were extremely slim. Perhaps his unique traits were that rare?

Or maybe Denif hadn’t manifested Mystic powers yet.

“There’s a reason why the father brought you here. You’re soon going to become a ‘Godchild.'”

“Godchild?”

I questioned, raising an eyebrow.

“Father recruits talented individuals as Godchild.”

Godfather and Godchild. I couldn’t help but smile inwardly.

Well, could there be a means to elevate the human relationship when you were not blood-related?

“Aren’t you surprised? Not just anyone can become Father’s Godchild. Rakun and Mohen over there couldn’t become Godchild.”

Denif whispered cautiously as if revealing a secret.

I understood the underlying meaning of why Denif had become an Imperial terrorist. It was likely due to the fall of Haisen and the duke’s death.

Should I protect the duke? I pondered that thought as I felt an intense gaze directed toward me.

It was Mohen, the one Denif had warned me not to mess with. His sharp gaze held a hint of hostility.

‘He didn’t look like this earlier.’

Denif’s voice was mysteriously loud.

Hmm, I could roughly discern the situation.

Denif’s mentioned relationship might be the cause.

Younger kids became the duke’s Godchildren, but Mohen couldn’t become one.

Considering he was only 17, it was understandable to have a reasonable sense of jealousy.

Of course, judgment was a separate matter.

‘Is he really stupid?’

He was not doing himself any favors by making a scene like that.

I thought he’d be different, being raised by the duke, but he was still a kid.

Well, maybe he was brought in for his talent and his character wasn’t up to par.

Not that I cared, Denif said he was graduating soon too.

“Really?”

“Yeah. Only Orhen and I became godchildren. I heard there were a couple more besides us, but it was a long time ago.”

He seemed too composed, so I acted surprised. Besides, Orhen was also a godchild.

It implied that Orhen possessed a talent similar to Denif’s.