Chapter 65.

"Oh my dear! Sit down here." Euphemia shuffled Regulus to a chair and gently held his chin to inspect his wounds.

"I'm okay, I'm okay." He said unreasurringly.

Effie dabbed at the deep gashes that littered his face as Regulus clutched the table in pain.

None of the others in the room spoke. They simply stared in shock at the youngest Black child.

Sirius stepped forward and placed his hand over his brothers.

"What happened Reg?" He asked.

"I-i..." He stuttered as tears welled in his eyes.

"I don't know Sirius." He began.

"There was a meeting. A meeting after you all scarpered. We were sat in the dining room. All of us. Dark Lord and all. Drinking, smoking using the darkest of magic on these two muggles that were taken from Camden. I was watching. Watching as they-" He cut himself off with a sob.

Sirius squeezed his hand.

"Watching as they cut the girl, spat on her, t-tortured her until she begged to die. Begged for any other than for the cursing to continue. Her husband was sat opposite her. They forced him to sit opposite her. Watch while they-" Another choked sob.

"While they killed her and their unborn baby." A silence ripples across the room.

"There was just this moment. A single moment. I knew she was going to die. They both were. And I felt like that moment was this divide in my life. If I sat and did nothing, then that's who I was. A watcher. And I just felt like if I did something, anything, then maybe, maybe I wasn't such a bad person. Maybe bad things just happened to me. So I did everything, everything I could Sirius. I punched and I kicked. I shot every fucking curse I'd ever heard of. And somewhere in the midst of it, I don't even know when, I disarmed Voldemort. I had his wand in my hand. I had his wand in my hand and I dissaparated. I managed to drop the two muggles at a hospital and apparate here." Reg took a deep breathe.

"And now the war has really started. Because he won't stop. He won't stop at anything to get the elder wand back. And to kill all of us in the process."

The people in the room stared at the floor. No one dared speak. The war had been raging for some time now. But it was different. It was like a distant war. People were killed all over England. Some were muggles some were wizards. If you were lucky enough to not be affected by the death, you could attempt to ignore it. Pretend it didn't exist. You could kid yourself into believing that war wasn't real.

But it was.

So real.

And it had begun.

Ummm hey guys...I'm back. Love you all.
~M❤️