Chapter 39.

The train horn blared harshly, ringing loudly to interrupt the hustle and bustle of Platform 9 and 3/4.

But Mia Estella Walburga Black, could not enjoy the sweet melody of Hogwarts beckoning her home due to the head splitting pain that was radiating through her temples.

For the past few days, the poor girl had been suffering from debilitating migraines. Which would then end with her throwing up or falling asleep. But then she would wake with a start, with three words circulating her head like a whirl pool.

Respice ad Animum.

She would make it her mission once back at Hogwarts to find out what those three words meant. It felt like it was life or death at this point.

It was all slowly driving her to insanity.

However, Mia was ripped from her self-pitying day-dream when two large hands clamped round her waist.

She was spun round and pulled against someone's muscular chest. Her nose was squashed against a navy blue sweatshirt, the subtle scent of a cinnamon candle invading her senses. She didn't need to look at their face to know who was holding her close.

"I've missed you." He whispered into her hair.

Mia was in so much pain but also too content in his arms to form any words so she simply let out something between a grunt and a hum of approval.

However, their blissful peace was suddenly interrupted by two large bodies ripping Mia from James's grasp and lifting her off her feet into their own embrace.

"THERE'S MY WOMB MATE!" Sirius cried loudly causing several passerby's to sent him quizzical looks.

"It's good to see you Echo." Remus said gently as he encased both Mia and Sirius in his own cozy hold.

"Oi don't forget me you buggers." James said indignantly.

The four Marauders stood on the platform, ignoring the jostles of people rushing to their parents saying fleeting goodbyes.

They were home. No more worried. No more doubts.

They were home.

They were so caught up in their embrace of love that all of them failed to notice the sad glance being thrown at them from the fifth member of their clan.

For he was not the only one who made a decision over summer. The only difference between Peter Pettigrew and Regulus Black, was that Peter had a choice.

But he chose wrong.

The express horn blared once again, signalling for the group to disentangle themselves and board the Scarlett steam train.

Once the four teens had settled into an empty compartment, the questions began.

Sirius had clearly informed Remus of every tiny detail and so all three boys were demanding answers.

Mia was so overwhelmed. Her head had not stopped aching and the whispers had started swirling in her ear.

Respice ad Animum.

James was simply squeezing her hand in an attempt to comfort her whereas Sirius had resorted to throwing insult after insult at their so called parents to try and quell his own fury.

She even heard the werewolf whisper a few profanities against the older Blacks.

They were each unbearably inquisitive with regards to the events of Christmas, but Mia was torn. She needed desperately to release the tension that had built in her chest, and she knew that telling them would do just that. But at the same time, it wasn't her secret to tell. There was no telling how the three boys would react to such news.