Chapter 4.

TW: Body Dysmorphia

The sun rippled through the water of the black lake and peeked through the glass windows in the dormitory. Mia slowly opened her eyes and glanced around the room. She trudged to the bathroom and turned the shower on not caring if she woke up her dorm mates. She hated them all anyway.

Mia thought it was stupid how classes began today. They had just one night to relax before they were thrown in to the mountains of homework.

After a quick shower Mia dabbed her face dry and put on a light covering of makeup.

She almost always wore makeup to cover up any blemishes because she didn't need anything else to feel self conscious about.

Her hair had mostly air dried and it fell in straggly waves down her back. She never understood how some girls had hair that looked so perfect after air drying, hers looked tangled and it had small waves that looked like kinks from when you'd left a hair band in too long, so she had no choice but to use a spell to straighten it. Then she threw her uniform on.

She stood in front of the full body length mirror and began picking apart her appearance.

Her skirt was rolled twice in order to make herself look a little more appealing. But then you could see her jiggly thighs and it made her cringe so she pulled it back to its original length. Then she stood side on and looked at the way her stomach bulged in her blouse. She hated it. Why her. Why was she cursed with such an awful body. She hated everything about it.

And the worst part was she could practically hear her parents taunting voice in her head.

She had escaped Grimmauld Place for the time being. But she would never escape her parents.

She didn't want to look at herself anymore so she threw on her robe and ran out of the room. She already told herself she didn't need breakfast so she just ran towards her first lesson of the day: Herbology. She stood outside the greenhouses basking in the warmth of the sun.

She didn't know how long she was stood there before her class mates started to join her. She was particularly dreading this year as she shared more than half her classes with the Gryffindors meaning she would be with Sirius and the Marauders almost constantly. It wasn't that she disliked them how could she they were her family. But Sirius and James annoyed the living daylights out of her. Peter had rather a large crush on her so was often quite weird to be around. Remus was a good friend of hers but he was quite persistent about nagging her to do her homework.

So all in all, the marauders were pesky gits.

When Professor Sprout arrived all the students milling around were ushered inside the greenhouse. She told everyone to sit on the stools placed by the work benches. Mia sat down at the back of the classroom by herself because Evelyn didn't take Herbology.

She was looking down at the diagram of different fungi placed on her desk when she heard a stool scraping next to her. Then she heard the familiar awkward cough that her brother made when he wanted to announce himself. She turned her head to the side and stared into the eyes of her twin.

"Did you want something?" She said dryly hoping to repel him with her cold demeanour.

"Uh yeah actually I um did. I, um I-" Sirius stuttered.
"I wanted to say sorry." He spat out. This got Mia's attention.

"I know I should've sent you a letter Mimi, I know I shouldn't have left without you. I'm sorry. I don't know what else to say. I thought-" he began stuttering on the last part. Mia looked over and saw his eyes had begun watering. It was a rare sight indeed to see Sirius Black on the verge of tears.