Chapter 53.

Regulus Arcturus Black was born on the chilly morning of June 25th 1961.

Sirius can still remember Mia's grumbles and groans as the tiny new born screamed in distress.

The two small toddlers were sat on an oak bench, backs stiffly against the wall as they waited uncomfortably for their mother's nurse to leave the room.

Orion Black had swiftly exited the house as soon as his wife had gone into labour, explaining that he had work to do which was really just his excuse to leave the house during the difficult process of childbirth. Meaning that his two infant children were left alone with no such explanation as to why their mother was crying in agony on the other side of the door. However, they quickly understood the reasoning when the sound of a crying baby filled the air.

"Siri make it stop!" Mia cried.

Her hands were over her ears ruining her ringleted hair hoping her twin could do something to help the poor baby shrieking the house down.

But Sirius was simply staring ahead. He wanted desperately to burst into the room to cease the crying himself. But not because the noise was angering him, but because he was truly scared for the baby's welfare.

The sound of a tiny baby relentlessly wailing in sheer anguish was quite frankly tragic. And something neither child ever wanted to hear again.

Because Grimmauld Place was already a place of darkness and it did not need any more

But for the next 16 years, the crying never stopped.

Regulus Black was born into a broken home and he grew into a broken boy.

And Sirius Black would always be traumatised by the pain and suffering of his little brother.

Even more so when he realised that he could no longer protect the boy from evil. But that would never stop him from trying with everything in him to shield Regulus from the world. Even if he may fail.

"Absolutely not." Sirius said through gritted teeth.

The room was partially silent other than the heavy breathing of Evelyn and Sirius.

"It's our only option. So really, you can't go off on one of your rants about how you will have no part in this. Because if you don't help us, we will just do it without you."

James puffed out a breathe at how Evelyn had managed to silence Sirius so effectively.

"Fuck off Pip. You can't go giving me the moral high ground bullshit about what's best for Mia when you've been ignoring her for the past fuck knows how long." He growled.

The room was tense.

Really fucking tense.

"Okay, I'm really loving this super silent silence, but we're kind of running on a time limit here. So kindly shut the fuck up and help us come up with some sort of plan." Remus said roughly.

He knew that this wasn't about loyalty or the size of anyone's ego, this was about Mia. And he didn't care how they saved her, as long as they did it.

Sirius just glared at his lover in shock.

Everyone hummed in agreement glad that someone was perhaps going to take charge of the peacekeeping.

"How is Regulus going to help us?" Fabian questioned.

They all knew the details of the situation but no one was quite sure how a teenage death eater could save Mia from the curse that stole her essence.

"We need Voldemort's wand. Regulus is the only person we know that could possibly get it without raising suspicion."

"We can't put him in danger like that." Sirius growled.

"Bloody fuck, he hasn't even agreed to this yet so don't get your knickers in a twist." Evelyn laughed sassily.

"Well who's going to talk to him?" Lily questioned cautiously.

The Gryffindor common room was plunged into another great silence.

"Well, I-I suppose it better be me."

9 pairs of eyes flitted up to stare at Evelyn.

"You sure?" James questioned as he placed a friendly hand on her shoulder.

"I don't mind doing it." He assured her.

She shook her firmly.

"I need to do this."

Sirius looked at her curiously. Despite being a Hufflepuff, Evelyn Pip was fucking brave.

"I'll speak to you tomorrow." She announced as she began to make her way out of the ruby red room.

"After I've spoken to Regulus." She whispered the last part with such anguish, only loud enough for James to hear as he was closest to the portrait hole.

James Potter just hoped that the snuffed out love between the two teenagers could be reignited into a raging fire.

Or else his own love may die into embers.

I have no words to describe how grateful I am for each and every one of you. I will never know why people decided to actually read my book but I will be forever thankful for it. My life had gotten a bit crazy since I last updated and I'll be honest I have been struggling with my mental health. But I have a great support system around me and I'm on an upwards hill now. I hope you guys are enjoying the book but I would love some feedback on the current plot twist as u don't want to make it too confusing!
Love you guys ❤️
~M