Chapter 35.

TW: Abuse.

The air whipped her face like a cold slap.

The loud yells of children running to their parents haunted her as she thought about what she would never have.

The gentle touch of James' hand that usually brought comfort just reminded her of how she would be deprived of it for many weeks until they were to meet again.

She stood frozen on the platform. The place feeling foreign as she recalled the hope and prosperity it had brought her months prior when it was set to lead her home. A stark contrast to now, where it was leading her to a house of torment.

She turned around and hugged James so tight she thought he would suffocate. They had all said their proper goodbyes before getting off the train, knowing that Mia needed bucket loads of reassurance. But now they could only exhibit subtle and small gestures as they were subject to the snobby and judgemental looks of the Slytherin prejudice parents.

Mia and James let go of each other and it felt far too permanent for James's liking. Mia began walking forward to find Regulus, Walburga and Orion not even daring to look back at her boyfriend or twin in fear of the punishment she may receive later.

Her eyes locked with piercing grey ones. A cold face. Lips pinned in a thin like of disgust. Walburga Black.

The woman marched over to her daughter and gripped her upper arm like a vice, eager to get home.

"We're leaving. Now." She said curtly and the sentence alone was enough to bring tears to Mia's eyes knowing the pain she would be in a mere few minutes.

Orion had a firm and overpowering grip on Regulus whilst Walburga had a bruising hold on Mia. With one last sad smile towards James a crack echoed through her ears and they pulled away from the safety of Platform 9 3/4 and thrown into the lonely walls of 12 Grimmauld Place.

Mia's stomach churned from apparition and looked down at the ground in fear.

"Regulus. Go to your bedroom now. You shall be called by Kreacher when dinner is prepared." He said in a finishing tone.

Regulus was trembling in anxiety for his sister. He tried to do anything he could to stall her punishment.

"Father, I-" He stuttered out pathetically.

"ENOUGH." He shouted. If there was one thing Orion Black hated, it was disobedience. That, combined with the fact that he found satisfaction from the abuse of his children caused his anger to boil over at his son's attempt at prolonging it.

"You will do as I say boy." He shouted sharply.

Regulus flinched extremely hard. The three Black children were each effected in very different ways by the abuse they faced. Trauma does strange things to a person.

Regulus hated loud noises. They caused him to shake and quiver like a child during a thunder storm.

Sirius had not only inherited trust issues but also bad drinking habits from his father. After watching Orion Black sit in his study and drink himself into oblivion Sirius could not help but fall into similar habits.

And Mia. Well, Mia seemed to have several different forms of stress. For one, she had night terrors. She, like Sirius had really bad drinking habits but she also couldn't resist a good smoke when stressed. But Mia's biggest struggle was her body image. All the taunts and insults that had been rained down on her by her parents had taken a humungous toll on the girl despite her extreme denial.

Regulus had given up trying to stall after Mia gave him a warning glare telling him to back off. She didn't need to have to take any more slaps or curses on top of the ones she knew were coming.

Regulus trudged up the stairs and lay in his bed fearing the worst for his big sister. But he was also unbearably worried for himself. This holiday was supposed to be the moment he chose.

Light. Or dark.

Black. Or white.

The good. Or the bad.

And he had no idea which side he was supposed to chose.

However, he was lucky that he had some other distraction for himself from the utter horrors that were taking place beneath him.

He just wished that his choice wouldn't have such severe consequences as life or death.

Mia rolled around on the floor after taking a few harsh kicks. Her stomach was throbbing with pain and so were her thighs as Orion had stomped on her.

Walburga grabbed her by the hair and wrenched her head back painfully.

"You just couldn't listen could you?" She screeched venomously.

"Don't cry you useless girl. You brought this upon yourself. Dirty blood traitor."

Suddenly she felt something wet on her face. She looked up at her father smiling down evilly.

He had spat on her.

Walburga them leaned back and did the same.

Such a small action that actually bought her no physical pain. Was ripping her apart inside. The way they looked at her. As if she truly was nothing.

They continued their spitting, kicking and punching for at least 30 minutes.

Mia's ribs must have been black and blue. She had never in her life felt so dirty.

The two eldest Blacks exited the room and left their daughter sobbing silently into the carpet.

The sun had set by the time Mia trudged upstairs with much difficulty. She couldn't be bothered to do anything but gently roll into bed.

She ignored the quiet whispers of James and Sirius in the two way mirror she had been gifted by Remus.

She just lay there staring at the ceiling waiting for the morning to arise. She knew better than to attempt sleep on a night such as this.

For her greatest fear was not her parents.

But being left alone with her own mind.

And so the drama beginssss! Sorry that was a bit rubbish and depressing but the plot thickens next chapter! Thank you so much all the support and thank you for all the comments! I read them all so thank you to every one who does comment!
Love you guys ❤️
~M