Chapter 63.

"Shush!" James whisper shouted harshly.

Mia jumped slightly from their hiding spot in a bush outside Malfoy Manor.

"James can we please just talk-"

"No. We have a fucking job to do." He said with a pained expression on his face.

Mia despite being hurt could tell that James was not genuinely angry about something but hurt. He was upset and pained by something she had done.

"I don't want to go in there with you mad at me." She whispered trying desperately to not let the tears fall.

James froze slightly but then regained his angered stance.

"I'm not mad at you." He tried to say reassuringly. It was the truth. He wasn't mad. Just pained.

A silent spark of red flames let the pair know the plan was rolling into action.

"Come on." James said.

He grabbed her hand and dragged her towards the manor's entrance.

They tiptoed in. The only sound being made was occasional whimpers from Mia which she could not stop. The fear was rattling her.

They crouched behind a grand piano to regroup, waiting for Alastor who was partnered with Remus to reach them.

Mia shook with fear. Sweat collecting on her brow. James could not look at her. They had to stay focused, James was also a stubborn git and was still angry about the situation.

He wanted to reach out and comfort her, but rage still tingled in his fingertips.

Suddenly, a bang echoed in the dark room causing them both to jump.

"Stay down." James whispered.

They sat tension and nerves tingling in the air.

Two shadows approached them and crouched down with their wands drawn.

"They know we're here." Alastor said gruffly.

"What do we do." James said anxiously.

"We have no option but to fight." Alastor said.

"Potter, keep Black behind you. Follow me and Lupin. Constant vigilance." He said curtly.

Moody and Remus cautiously stood up and began tiptoeing into the next room.

James grabbed Mia's arm and hauled her to her feet.

They padded behind the pair in front waiting for something to happen.

"Something isn't right James." Mia's voice cracked with fear.

"Avada-" a voice yelled.

James jumped into action deflecting the spell as more death eater poured in. Other members of the order joined to help fight.

It was a dog fight.

Good against evil.

James shoved Mia into a corner behind them to protect her, her head smacking onto wall due to the unexpected throw.

Multiple death eaters dueled the Potter boy , eagerly trying to get to the defenceless grip behind him.

James was sweating furiously growing tired quickly.

His spells became sloppy, movements sluggish.

He did not see the next blow.

"Sectumsempra." A voice yelled.

The spell flew in slow motion. James waiting for impact.

Mia saw the love of her life waiting for it to hit him.

She leaped from the floor, shoving him away.

The pain immersed her. Like claws shredding her apart. Warm pooled on her chest and back. Blood drowning her.

Remus and Sirius took out the death eaters as they were distracted with their successful hit.

Mia's head was cloudy. The sounds in the room muffled by her heartbeat in her ears.

She felt someone pull her head into their lap. James' tearful face swam in her vision. His lips moving but sound not reaching her. He pressed her wounds desperately trying to stem the blood pouring from her body.

Face flashes in front of her.

The people she loved.

People she was terrified she would be leaving as tiredness overtook her.

A tear slipped down her face her breathing ragged.

The world faded.

Darkness.

Hello people it's been a while.
I have very little motivation rn because I may or may not have been converted to a Remus Lupin girl 🤓
Anyway I've forgotten what's actually happening in this book so apolgise if it's a shambles.