𝟎𝟕.

"I need you to sit in here and don't come out until I call yo' name bubbles or come and get you

"I need you to sit in here and don't come out until I call yo' name bubbles or come and get you. You understand me?" Gino, who was eighteen years old, seated his confused seven-year-old sister on the floor of his bedroom.

He then promptly approached his bed and retrieved the remote control for the 20-inch television positioned on the floor.

And turned on the show Caillou for Xamira, who was still wearing her school uniform as she had just recently returned from school.

"Why? I thought you said when I get back from school you'd take me to the park?"

The little girl inquired, observing the two scary men standing behind her brother, who looked to be older than Gino.

"I am! Just not right now. I gotta do something real quick" The boy increased the volume of the television and swiftly exited the bedroom, making sure to give his sister an apologetic glance beforehand.

Xamira simply shrugged her shoulders, attempting to avoid focusing on her brother's unkind actions; and instead concentrate on watching television. 

Ever since Gino had turned seventeen, he rarely came home and began skipping school until he eventually dropped out, and started being disrespectful towards his parents.  

He had already been in and out of juvenile three times now. Mira was clueless about her brother's situation but didn't like the way he was acting. Not one bit. And their parents believed that the boys he was associated with had an impact on his new character.

"I'm just a kid who's four. Each day I grow some more. I like exploring, I'm Caillou" Xamira sang along with the bold-headed white boy, a big smile on her face.

She was unaware of the chaos and commotion that was happening in her parents' room down the
hallway because of the loud TV. As her father
screamed 'stop' repeatedly

"THE FUCK I TELL YOU NIGGA! GET ON THE FLOOR"

"Please stoppppp! We're sorry for whatever we did. What do you all w-want? Money? Our car?!" A voice of a woman screams as if she was frightened out of her mind.

"So many things to do. Each day is something new. I'll share them with you, I'm Caillou" Xamira continued to sing.

"This ain't about money bitch"

The shouting and hollering continued for twenty minutes, and with each passing moment, it appeared that the individuals were getting more and more violent.