New Beginnings

It was 3 in the morning Mae woke up to the sound of thunder Mae is 14 but has had a phobia of thunderstorms since she was little Mae panicked as the frequent blinding white lights of lightning came in through her window she got her blanket and pulled it over her head and cuddled with her pillow for comfort. Her brother Jax walked into her bedroom knowing her fears of thunderstorms he walked over to the bundled mess of blankets and took them off from her head she looked up shaking and freezing in place after each thunder strike occurred she sat up and her brother gave her a hug she held onto him scared she clenched onto his shirt crying he patted her back "It will be okay." Jax said soothingly to calm her down after about a great while Mae had fallen asleep in her brothers arms Jax stayed put during the whole thunderstorm not wanting his sister to get scared again. After about 5 hours of rain it was now 8 am Mae woke up looking at her window she saw it had stopped raining and saw her brother still hugging her she rubbed her eyes to wake up as she moved she woke her brother up "Morning!" Mae said to Jax as he stretched "What time is it?" Jax had asked rubbing his sleepy eyes awake "Uh.-" she said looking at her alarm clock "8:10 am" she said "Okay." he said yawning their mother called from downstairs "Breakfast! Wash up." they went to the bathroom washed their hands and headed downstairs for breakfast bacon,eggs,waffles,toast and orange juice their favorite "Where's dad?" Mae asked her mother "He had to go into work early for a business trip, he wont be back for two weeks." the mother had told the two of them, "Oh and Mae this came in the mail for you, it's a letter about the college you want to go to, SFIT." Her mom said happily. Jax looked at her "If you got in we would have more brother and sister time!" he said happy he already went to SFIT, but he didn't talk to very many people just a couple of people. Mae looked at the envelope like it may attack her "I-I don't know if I should" she said unsure of what the letter may say "Come on. Stop being a wimp and open it." Jax said nudging her "Okay." She said as she opened it and read the letter "I got in!!!" she said re-reading the letter five times more making sure her eyes weren't lying to her brain "Yay!!! Good for you" Both Jax and their mother said in unison "Tonight we are going for a celebratory dinner!!!" their mom had said so happy and full of joy for her daughter, Mae squealed in excitement her brother gave her a hug Mae headed for the door still in her pj's after breakfast "Shouldn't you change if you're heading out?" Her mom asked Mae looked down "Oh... Almost forgot!! Thanks mom!" she said running upstairs to her blue colored room walls, she loved her room it was her, blue walls her favorite color, rainbow bed sheets, white dresser an art wall, laced pattern closet curtains and sunset colored curtains for her windows. She went into her closet and picked out her outfit, a strapless just above her knees cream colored dress that was baby blue on the skirt part of the dress with a floral pattern, it had a brown thick but thin lace belt around the waist, she wore a necklace her white sneakers and a pastel pink scarf the outfit went perfectly with her light blue eyes and blonde just below the shoulder straight hair, she walked downstairs and went outside her brother right behind her wearing a plaid red long sleeve shirt, light denim jeans black sneakers and his nerd looking black glasses that highlighted his brown eyes and his brown hair. "Heading to SFIT want to come I can show you around while I'm at it" Jax said to her "Sure!" She said stepping aside so her brother can take the lead.