Comfort

I realized that after giving the money to the cab driver I had no cash left over to get myself back to campus

I realized that after giving the money to the cab driver I had no cash left over to get myself back to campus. Maybe I should have had Katsuki come with me. Maybe they would have never said those things if he was right there in front of them and then I wouldn't have lost my temper and left like that. I wish I would have known, I wish things were different.

I could feel the moisture in the air, it would rain soon. I started walking back to the dorms. It was a far walk but still somewhat manageable when it did start raining I allowed myself to get drenched as the rain usually brings me comfort. After walking for two hours I finally made it back to campus. Feeling weak I stumbled and fell into a puddle. I laid in that puddle for a while staring up at the rain that splashed down at me, questioning what to do.

Katsuki was set up to start his own agency, again unheard of success for a senior student at UA. He was working under Best Jeanist who has been guiding him on all the business ends of the whole matter. Of course the new agency wouldn't be in his name for another few years but still, he's on his way, even further along than Midoriya. Our plan was that I'd work in the recovery center or on standby for the agency as a healer. He didn't want me in the front lines and I understood his concern. I wasn't much of a fighter but my abilities to heal could save more lives than anything else that I could do. I'd be on the scene and provide aid before hero's were sent off to the hospital if they would even need to go at all.

And where would I live? Well I guess I'd live with Katsuki or maybe in my own apartment after saving up some money. We've never talked much about it but I know I'm definitely staying here in Japan. I have a real life here, I'm needed here and I'm loved here. I reached out in my puddle and left my arms float. Lots of hero's can fly, or float or use their crazy explosions to fire themselves into the air, but what most don't realize is that in the rain I can fly too.

Authors POV

"Hey Bakubro, I thought Y/N was meeting her parents tonight?" Kirishima questions while standing by the common room window.
"Yeah what about it shity hair?" Bakugou questions as he walks towards him.
"Yeah that's definitely Y/N out there in that puddle" adds in Kaminari.
"What are you idiots talking about?" Bakugou again questions as he pushes the two aside to look out the window to see you lying in the puddle, soaked by the rain clutching your dress in your right hand using your quirk to keep it dry.

"Woah, she's floating, bro I didn't know she could do that?"
"It's the water dunce face"
Just then something went flying from Y/n and a loud thump could be heard by the front door.
"Woah what was that?!" Denki asked in a frightened tone.
"It's her dress, can one of you please bring it to my room, something is wrong" Bakugou asks as he makes his way to the front door where he finds the dress wrapped in its garment bag.

"You got it bro, I hope she's alright" says Kirishima as he and Mina pick up the dress and walk away down the hall to his room. "Wow she's amazing" "yeah incredible" others came to stare out the window as well. "ENOUGH, this is not a free show. Get back to whatever it was that you were doing" he shouts back at them as he pulls up his hood and heads out into the rain. When he makes his way over to you he sees you soaring through the sky, dancing your heart out. He says nothing. He waits for you to finish as he can tell something is wrong and he doesn't want to interrupt you.

Your POV

Spinning through the air, feeling the cold water hit my skin felt so comforting. Pushing and pulling the water just like the moon. I could feel the moons presence behind the clouds giving me strength. The sound of the sea from far away in the distance, the smell of water, concrete and wet grass, the taste of the water as it hits my tongue all of my senses experiencing everything to such a heightened level and allowing myself to take it all in.

With everything going on I didn't see him standing there. Seeing him startled me as I let out a small scream and started to fall from the sky. He shouted my name and used his quirk to fly up and catch me with one arm. I clung to him like a small child as he used his other hand to gently lower us to the ground. We sat there on our knees as I wrapped my other arm around his shoulders and began to cry. Saying nothing he held me close. When I finally stopped crying I looked up at him and told him I loved him. His response was a soft kiss on the forehead and another tight embrace as he softly whispered "always princess"

We sat there for a while longer before he started to stand up holding me bridal style as he walked us towards the dorm building

We sat there for a while longer before he started to stand up holding me bridal style as he walked us towards the dorm building. I changed my position to a full body hug as he held my weight with one are and used the other to open the door. I could feel the stares of his classmates as we made our way through the halls but I kept my eyes closed and nuzzled my face into his neck and chest. When we finally made it into his room he sat us down on his bed and started speaking.

"Alright princess, tell me what happened, I thought you were seeing your parents tonight?"
"I... I did, Setsuna, she dropped me off at the airport to pick them up."
"Okay, so what happened?"
I didn't know what to say. We tell each other everything but how do I tell him that my parents especially my mother was so quick to judge him and tell me he was wrong for me before even meeting him and seeing for themselves what he's truly like? I don't want to hurt him, but if I hide it from him he'll know too.

"Tell me Y/N, I'm right here" he says pulling me close again. He's so warm, I feel myself melting into him as the feeling of sleep starts to take me over. He cuddled up with me and brought the blankets to cover us. He allowed me to drift off to sleep without another word.