Book 3 chapter 3 The The Painted Lady

Amity's intro

Water. Earth. Fire. Air.

Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avatar, master of all four elements, could stop them, but when the world needed her most, she vanished. A hundred years passed, and me, Willow and Gus discovered the new Avatar, an airbender named Luz. And although her airbending skills are great, she has a lot to learn before she's ready to save anyone.

But I believe Luz can save the world

The episode opens with Appa, the gang in his saddle, slogging his way down the course of the sludge-infested river Jang Hui in the Fire Nation. Luz and King are frolicking in the putrescent water.

“King!” (Dives into the water.) “Oh King!” (Dives again and King flies to Luz.) “Hahahahaha! You found me, buddy!” (Looks down at the water in distaste and airbends up to Appa's saddle, where she stands dripping in sludge.) “Hey guys, I think this river's polluted.” Luz said (Airbends the mud off of herself, splattering the rest of Team Avatar with mud, which causes them to cry out in disgust.)

(Tastes mud on her mouth, and spits.) “Pah! Plegh!” Boscha exclaimed (Luz airbends again, blowing the rest of the mud back into the river and messing up their hair.)

“Well that explains why I can't catch a fish around here, because normally my fishing skills are off the hook!” (Holds up a fishing hook. The gang is unamused as Luz sits back down.) “Get it? Like a fishing hook?” Willow asked (Grinning.)

(Countering.) “Too bad your skills aren't on the hook.” Boscha said

Luz, Amity, Gus, Eda, Camila and Boscha laugh as Willow makes a disgruntled face.

“It looks like we'll need to go somewhere else to get food,” (Unrolls a long scroll in front of her.) “assuming that'll fit into Willow's master schedule.” Amity said

“Hmmm ... It's doable. But that means only two potty breaks today.” Willow said

“Hey, maybe we can get food there!” Luz said (Points at a village in the middle of the river.)

“Well that’s convenient.” Camila said

The camera zooms to the village and fades to Appa as Luz hides him under a mat of grass.

“Now you look just like a little hill with horns! Bye, buddy!” Luz said

Appa groans as King briefly reveals himself under some more grass nearby. Scene changes to the Jang Hui River, while Luz, Amity, Gus, Willow, Eda, Camila and Boscha approach the river.

“I don't feel anything. Where is the village?” Boscha asked

“It's in the middle of the river!” Gus said (Pointing at the village.)

Camera pans down to show a man standing on a ferry.

“Sure is! My name's Dock. Mind if I ask who you are?” Dock asked

“We're um ... from the Earth Kingdom colonies.” Eda said

“Wow ... Colonials. Hop on, I’ll give you a ride in the town.” Dock said

The scene changes to the river, while Dock paddles the boat across.

“Why do you guys live on the river?” Gus asked (Looking at the village.)

(Turns his paddle to the right side, pointing at the Fire Nation factory.) “Because we're a fishing town. At least that's how it was before the factory moved in.” (Closer shot of the Fire Nation factory and pans down.) “Army makes their metal there. Moved in a few years ago and started gunking up our river.” (Shot changes back to the ferry. Luz and Amity glance sadly at each other.) “Now our little village is struggling to survive.” Dock said