Book 1 Chapter 15 Bato of the Water Tribe

Amity's intro

Water. Earth. Fire. Air. 

Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avatar, master of all four elements, could stop them, but when the world needed her most, she vanished. A hundred years passed, and me, Willow and Gus discovered the new Avatar, an airbender named Luz. And although her airbending skills are great, she has a lot to learn before she's ready to save anyone. 

But I believe Luz can save the world.

The episode opens up to a body of water, waves crashing against the rocks. The camera cuts to grass and sticks, before slowly panning up to reveal a whale tooth scimitar standing upright in the ground. Luz's hand comes into view as she grasps the weapon's hilt and yanks it out of the ground. Cut to a shot of her holding it up while Willow slides down a dirt slope.

“Hey, look!” (Examines the sword.) “A sword made out of a whale's tooth.” Luz said

While Luz draws the weapon free from the ground, Willow slides down the slope and pulls up behind the Avatar, snatching the weapon from her hands as Luz turned to show it to her.

“Let me see that.” Willow said

Willow walks on for a little while, before she stops, not too far from Luz, to study the weapon closely. Cut to a shot of the scimitar in her hand. The scene switches into a flashback; Southern Water Tribe warriors are preparing their ships, loading them with supplies. The camera pans to the left as a warrior walks past, carrying a bundle, revealing that a younger Willow is observing them, her back to the camera. Cuts to frontal shot of her as she looks at the scene wistfully, cradling her battle club. Flashback fades to present-day, where Willow bears the same wistful expression while holding the whale's tooth scimitar in the same way as her club.

“This is a Water Tribe weapon.” (Turns to Luz, her expression now serious.) “See if you can find anything else.” Willow said

Cuts to shot of Luz and Willow searching the wooded area for more weapons. Amity, Gus and Eda walk toward them, curious.

(Curiously.) “Did someone lose something?” Amity asked

(Rummaging through the bushes, somewhat cheerfully.) “No, we found something!” Luz said

“Found what?” Eda asked

Cut to shot of a spearhead lying on the ground beneath a few fallen leaves. Willow kneels before it, brushes aside the debris and picks up the spearhead, examining it and running her fingers along its point, noticing ash on it.

“It's burned.” (Cut to shot of a tree trunk, scorch marks and sharp cuts running across its bark. Cut to shot of Willow and the others.) “There was a battle! Water Tribe warriors ambushed a group of firebenders.” (She turns away from the tree and looks down the slope of the hill seeing a black spot on the ground.) “The firebenders fought back, but the warriors drove them down this hill.” Willow said

Cut to shot of Gus and Willow racing down the hill along a dirt path, the camera panning downward. They leaped over a few large rocks in their way and continued forward. Cuts to a shot of a sandy beach. Gus and Willow appear on screen followed closely by Luz, Amity and Eda.

(Intrigued.) “So, then what happened?” Luz asked

(Disappointed.) “She doesn't know. The trail ends here.” Gus said

(Pointing at something in the distance.) “Wait, look!” Eda shouted (Cut to shot of a Water Tribe ship, half obscured behind large rocks, sitting idly on the shore.)