Book 2 Chapter 1 The Avatar State

Amity's intro

Water. Earth. Fire. Air. 

Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avatar, master of all four elements, could stop them, but when the world needed her most, she vanished. A hundred years passed, and me, Willow and Gus discovered the new Avatar, an airbender named Luz. And although her airbending skills are great, she has a lot to learn before she's ready to save anyone. 

But I believe Luz can save the world

The episode opens to show a gray sky as the camera moves back and down toward the Southern Air Temple where Luz is caught in a dream. In it, she is running about the Southern Air Temple. She comes across the room where she had found Monk Klatso's skeleton in real life and instead sees her own self in the Avatar State. The personage of herself turns to glare at her angrily. Camera cuts to a terrified Luz, wind blowing past her. Cuts to a view of Amity, Gus, Willow and Eda huddled behind a rock, watching the Avatar State Luz as she sends a forceful gust of wind that blows the real Luz back. She falls into the room in the Fire Temple she had visited to speak to Moku. The doors to the room open and reveal the personage of Luz in the Avatar State, who breathes fire and splits the floor in half. The real Luz falls through and lands on a Fire Navy ship in the Northern seas. The monstrous koi fish, called Koizilla, created when she and La had fused together during the Siege of the North appears before her, the personage of her inside. The Kozilla makes a downward cutting motion, and the personage does the same before a blinding white appears and the dream ends. Luz awakes from it and leaves the room where the gang is sleeping, exiting through a stairway. Amity awakens and catches sight of her leaving.

(Confused.) “Luz …” Amity said

The camera cuts to a shot of Luz standing by the ledge of the Water Tribe ship on which they are sailing. Amity approaches her.

“Do you want to talk about it?” Amity asked

“Nah, just a nightmare. I was in the Avatar State, but I was outside my body watching myself. It was scary. I was scared.” Luz said (Closes eyes and bows her head, Amity puts her hand on her shoulder.)

The scene changes to daybreak. Pakku is on the ship with two Water Tribe members and the gang.

(Holds up a flask.) “Gus, I want you to have this.” (Closes up on the flask.) “This amulet contains water from the Spirit Oasis. The water has unique properties. Don't lose it.” Pakku said

(Accepts the amulet and hugs Pakku.) “Thank you, Master Pakku.” Gus said

(Hands Luz a box of scrolls.) “Luz, these scrolls will help you master waterbending. But remember, they're no substitute for a real master.” (Luz looks up at Gus, who is sitting on Appa and looks back.) “Willow ... [Pats her on the shoulder, leaving her dismayed.) “take good care of them.” (turns to Eda) “Eda, be sure Luz keeps up with her training in case Gus isn’t with you” (gets a salute from Eda, then turns to Amity) “Amity, I know you’re from the Fire Nation, but Luz told me you didn’t want to be part of their cause, thank you for helping her find the Northern Water Tribe.” (Pats Amity’s shoulder making her feel proud of herself, turns to the entire gang while pointing in a direction.) “Fly straight to the Earth Kingdom base to the east of here. General Fong will provide you with an escort to Omashu. There, you will be safe to begin your earthbending training with King Wrath.” Pakku said

“Appa, yip yip!” Luz said

(As they fly away.) “Say hi to Gran-Gran for me!” Gus said

Scene switches to a village. Kaldo is lying on a table, getting a relaxing massage at a resort.