Book 1 Chapter 2 The Avatar Returns

Amity's intro

Water. Earth. Fire. Air.

Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avatar, master of all four elements, could stop them, but when the world needed her most, she vanished. A hundred years passed, and me, Willow and Gus discovered the new Avatar, an airbender named Luz. And although her airbending skills are great, she has a lot to learn before she's ready to save anyone. But I believe Luz can save the world.

The episode opens onto the yellowing sky as the flare Luz accidentally launched in the previous episode soars lazily through the air in the distance. The camera pans downward to show the figures of Luz, Amity and Gus appearing over the horizon. The Southern Water Tribe villagers have gathered in the snow, waiting for the trio's return. Cut to a shot of Luz, Amity and Gus approaching the village and the gathered villagers that stand outside the village walls. The children become overjoyed upon seeing Luz.

Nobody's POV

(Joyfully.) "Yay! Luz is back!" The village kids said joyfully.

Some of them run over to him while the others remain cheerful in the crowd. The camera pans up from the children to the adults, revealing more stern and offended expressions. The children reach Luz, Amity and Gus, crowding around him gleefully, and Luz responds kindly. Switch to a shot of Willow, who breaks from the line of villagers and steps forward toward Luz.

[Angrily.] "I knew it! [Accusingly points a finger at Luz as she, Amity and Gus draw closer.] You signaled the Fire Navy with that flare! You're leading them straight to us, aren't you?" Willow wanted to know.

(Protesting.) "Luz didn't do anything! It was an accident." Amity said to Willow

(Sheepishly, as Amity glares at Willow.) Yeah. We were on the ship and there was this booby trap, and, well -- (Awkwardly rubs his head.) -- we booby-ed right into it." Gus told her.

(Worriedly.) "Amity, Gus, you shouldn't have gone on that ship! Now we could all be in danger!" Willow exclaimed.

(Sorrowfully.) "Don't blame Amity and Gus. I brought them there. It's my fault." Luz answered.

(Angry and triumphant, having found an excuse.) "Aha! The traitor confesses! Warriors, away from the enemy. (The children begin to sadly walk away.) The foreigner is banished from our village." Willow told them.

(Irritably, clenching her fists.) Willow, you're making a mistake.." Amity said to Willow

(Stubbornly persistent in her anger.) "No, I'm keeping my promise to Gus’s Dad. (Pointing to Luz.) I'm protecting you and Gus, from threats like her!

(Angrily.) “Luz is not our enemy!” (Continues in a calm, soothing voice.) “Don't you see? Luz has brought us something we haven't had in a long time, fun.” Gus said

(Annoyed.) Fun?! We can't fight firebenders with fun!" Willow said annoyed.

(Optimistically.) "You should try it sometime.

(Angrily.) "Get out of our village! Now!" Willow screamed..

(Pleading.) “Grandmother, please. Don't let Willow do this!" Gus pleaded to his grandmother

(Gravely.) Gus, you and Amity knew going on that ship was forbidden. Willow is right. I think it best if the airbender leaves.

(Outraged.) “Fine! Then I'm banished, too! (Drags Luz away.) Come on Luz, let's go.” Amity yelled