Book 1 Chapter 3 The Southern Air Temple

Amity's intro

Water. Earth. Fire. Air.

Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avatar, master of all four elements, could stop them, but when the world needed her most, she vanished. A hundred years passed, and me, Willow and Gus discovered the new Avatar, an airbender named Luz. And although her airbending skills are great, she has a lot to learn before she's ready to save anyone. But I believe Luz can save the world.

The episode begins with a beautiful sunrise that just peaks above some cliffs. The beams of the morning sun reflect on the water, bathing the whole scene in yellow light. The camera pans to the left, where the group has made camp on the shore. Appa is seen chewing on some grass while the smoke of the nearby campfire rises to the sky. Willow is lying in a blue sleeping bag next to the fire. The camera zooms in on Luz, Amity and Gus on top of Appa. Luz sits on the bison's head and is checking the knots that tie the reins to Appa's horns. Gus is sitting on the saddle, fiddling with their luggage.

(Excitedly.) "Wait 'til you see it, Amity! The Air Temple is one of the most beautiful places in the world!" Luz told her.

(Cautiously) “Luz, I know you're excited, (She turns around to face her.) but it's been a hundred years since you've been home.” Amity said

(Smiling broadly.) "That's why I'm so excited!” Luz said excitedly

(Cautiously.) “It's just that ... a lot can change in all that time.” Amity said worried about Luz

(Happily.) “I know, but I need to see it for myself.” Luz said

Luz jumps off Appa, landing softly due to her airbending. A side-view shows her as she walks over to a snoring Willow, who is lying in her sleeping bag. The shot changes to a view from next to Willow's head, looking up at the approaching airbender.

(Cheerfully.) Wake up, Willow! Air Temple, here we come! (Willow awakens, making groggy noises.)

(Grunting sleepily.) “Uggh! Sleep now. Temple later.” Willow said heading back to sleep

Willow turns around, showing her back to Luz and falls back asleep, snoring as soon as her eyes close. Close-up of Luz, whose big eyes blink in surprise. She looks discontent with Willow's attitude, but she quickly smiles mischievously. Luz grabs a small, thin stick.

(Alarmed.) “Willow! Wake up!” (Luz moves the stick up and down the sleeping bag, only touching Willow with the tip of it.) “There's a prickle snake in your sleeping bag!”

(She lazily opens one eye before yelling out in horror.) “Ahh!” (She quickly rises and hops around, still inside the sleeping bag.) “Get it off! Get it off!” (After two hops, Willow slams flat to the ground on top of Gus.) “Ahh!”

Amity giggles, as Willow falls over onto Gus. Close-up of Willow's angry face.

(Happily.) "Great! You're awake! Let's go!" Amity exclaimed.

The scene slowly fades to Ketu Harbor, a naval base where several Fire Nation ships are lined up next to each other. The camera pans to the left to reveal a smaller ship docked between all the others, identical mastodons. Its walkway is down and the small figures of two persons are seen leaving the ship. Cut to a closer shot of Lilith and Kaldo, as they reach the bottom of the walkway.

"Kaldo, I want the repairs made as quickly as possible. I don't want to stay too long and risk losing her trail." Lilith said

(Disinterested.) "You mean the Avatar?" Kaldo asked