· xxxxxix ·

The White Chrysanthemum's Eighth Petal

After that meeting about Byakuran. Tsunayoshi has realized that he doesn't know some things about Yuki at all.... He thought he does... But probably only the things she tells him.

Well, he respects her decisions and life. So he won't say anything about it.

What makes him wonder was what Byakuran said. About him and Yuki being alive. He indeed felt he died after that battle at the Meron Base.

However... He thinks it was just a dream... In that dream, he felt someone... But he's probably just hallucinating. Exhausted from the battles. That exhausted body of his continued until Dino arrived. He wasn't able to see Yuki those days, because she was out cold and he wasn't allowed at the foundation. Reborn has been stopping him as well from meeting her.

But then Dino arrived and gave him a bracelet. Tsunayoshi thought it is pretty and simple. It is just a simple bracelet yet it brought him comfort and the exhaustion on his body all disappeared.

Ever since he wore that bracelet, even when he is beat up from training, the pain is not that painful than usual. It's like the bracelet is absorbing the pain from his body. He liked it so he didn't dared to take it off with the fear that the pain that it absorbed from him will return to his body abruptly.

He wonders how is Yuki doing. She looks exhausted as well. Her eyes looks so tired and she seems to be stressing herself. He wanted to visit her at the foundation, but he have a feeling that he will only add to his exhaustion if he will. So he didn't visit.

And today, she gave them information about Byakuran.

He was worried that Yuki didn't showed herself to them after that. The person who is going out and in of the foundation is Fuuta and he asks about Yuki to him on the moments they cross path. The young man answers the question with the same response, "Sister is doing great. Please do not worry. She is also training just like all of you."

"I see... Thank you, Fuuta." He smiles.

Tsunayoshi has noticed the change of air around Fuuta as well. Ever since he stayed with Yuki to take care of her, the air around him changed. He seems... distance to them now. Maybe he and Yuki are talking about somethings. Well, he is okay with them talking. He just hopes that they'll be fine and okay.

Reborn goes in and out of the foundation too. But not often as Fuuta. And Tsunayoshi can sense that he knows something. Well, he is Reborn, he knows everything.

The next moment that Tsunayoshi saw Yuki was the day of the battle. She is wearing the uniform of the Guardians and Reborn gave it to her. She have the very right to wear it, after all she The Snow Guardian of the Vongola Decimo. But there is something different about her.... It's like... she's fading. Yuki's eyes is softer and her eyes are full of regret and sorrow. But she looks happy. She looks grateful. When she smiled at him, she is happy.

Yuki called him her family. She passed her family tradition to her. He is honored to have Yuki think of him that way.

But there is still that feeling of a distance between them.

Tsunayoshi have a foreboding feeling.

The whole walk to the Namimori Shrine, Yuki is silent and only Fuuta is beside her. They are walking behind everyone. No one bothered with them, but at the first few moments, the girls talked with Yuki because they were worried when they didn't saw Yuki at the hideout for almost a week.

They finally arrived at the Shrine and some were surprised that their base is like that. Though, the inside is not like that. Shoichi and Spanner tried their best to have everything they needed in there for the past days.